Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: EBR in World Superbike

EBRforum Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    The AMA needs to do many things to get new viewers and keep the ones they have. An American bike would be one of 50 things they need to do to bring more fans, but I think it's one of the bigger things.
    I'm still not sure I agree. Motorcycle racing is just not popular in America as a sport. Bowling gets better ratings on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Doosh View Post
    I'm still not sure I agree. Motorcycle racing is just not popular in America as a sport. Bowling gets better ratings on TV.
    I have to agree to disagree with you on that one. People are interested in RACING not the parading the sport has become. The races in superbike have been boring at the front and scrappy mid pack, CBS did a much better job of capturing that this year than in the past. You can't run Motorcycle racing like NASCAR, the fans and the sport and the experience at the races are too different. This is the mistake AMA seems to keep making. hmm only 1125r in CMRA, I've see you race, aren't you the points leader for heavy twins novice?

EBRforum Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by Classax View Post
    hmm only 1125r in CMRA, I've see you race, aren't you the points leader for heavy twins novice?
    Novice Champion :)

I wouldn't argue that point at all, but I think it could be more popular with the right management and promotion. The new TV package was a huge step in the right direction but the lack of coverage of the last round was a screw-up of epic proportions.

IF they could have 12 solid rounds and IF they had live coverage (plus replays through the week) of each of those rounds and IF MJ and EBR stayed , I think they could begin to build enough of an audience from the millions of riders in this country (and people who don't ride but would enjoy it if they watched a few rounds). And if the audience could grow some, more sponsorship dollars would come in and I believe it would be sustainable.

Unfortunately we already know that most of those things won't happen. EBR and MJ are done. They're struggling to find venues and we have no guarantee some venues won't, again, screw up the coverage.

I live in Jersey and the Jersey round is crazy popular. I honestly have no idea why and I frankly suspect the AMA management doesn't know why, but it just shows the potential is there.

But the series has been poorly managed since long before DMG, so it's not surprising it's never really gotten going.

Novice Champion :)

Anyone else find it odd that we haven't heard of any reports of EBR testing anywhere? Sykes has been testing for two days straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Classax View Post
    Anyone else find it odd that we haven't heard of any reports of EBR testing anywhere? Sykes has been testing for two days straight.
    Geoff May says he's going to be at Road Atlanta on Nov. 9th, but I'm sure some things are quietly happening with little fanfare. It will be interesting to see if anyone else is riding an EBR on the 9th with Geoff.

I will be riding with STT on Sunday at Road Atlanta also, I keep and eye out for any other EBR riders ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by mackja View Post
    I will be riding with STT on Sunday at Road Atlanta also, I keep and eye out for any other EBR riders ;-)
    Awesome! Get us some photos of Geoff and anybody else who's there.

Talked with Geoff at RA, he was there with his 2012 B bike with a stock RS engine, doing some durability testing. While STT has some fast riders, some AMA pros, Geoff was flying around RA, damn he is FAST!!