Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Thread: EBR in World Superbike

EBRforum Expert
    Photo of Nic in mid-crash at Phillip Island Race 1 from his Facebook page:

Name:  Nic crash.jpg
Views: 730
Size:  35.7 KB

I'm trying to decide if I'm ambitious enough to watch some of the live timing tonight or just check the times tomorrow morning.

And I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but it's a pretty cool video of Cory West at COTA:

EBRforum Expert
    It's about time to crank this thread back up for Aragon.

Nic #14 in FP1! Not bad!

Complete results here: http://resources.worldsbk.com/files/...cc509a6f75849b

Without looking it up, I'm nearly certain this is the first time ever that EBR has had 4 top 19 finishes in one weekend.

After the first couple rounds, this is exactly what they needed. No heroics, just solid finishes that they can build on.

With that said, I think it's time for Larry to take a look at what he's doing and decide if he should really be out there. I realize the TV show is probably involved, but I think it would make just as interesting programing to see him step aside for a younger rider with the ultimate goal of being the best team possible.

It may be hard to find another Canepa, but if he could find an 18 year old who knows the tracks and is maybe a couple seconds behind Canepa, that rider could at least build toward a future.

EBRforum Junkie
    IE; Chas Hern. Young rider, plenty fast (way faster than I'll ever be) and willing to ride the wheels off the bike I think.

EBRforum Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    With that said, I think it's time for Larry to take a look at what he's doing and decide if he should really be out there. I realize the TV show is probably involved, but I think it would make just as interesting programing to see him step aside for a younger rider with the ultimate goal of being the best team possible.
    It's worth noting that Larry's apparently used the ZTL (whatever EBR calls it) brake in all 3 races, and it was reported on Badweb he was having to start braking much earlier than Canepa entering the turns at Aragon. No doubt that is costing him some time, but hopefully it's enabling them to improve the braking system. Given equal bikes, he'd be somewhat closer to Canepa than he's been so far.

BTW- Canepa posted 120-some photos of last weekend's activities to his Facebook page this morning.

EBRforum Expert
    If true, this is good news in light of yesterday's announcement:

http://m.crash.net/wsbk/news/217661/...ankruptcy.html
    Last edited by Hughlysses; 04-16-2015 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hughlysses View Post
    If true, this is good news in light of yesteday's announcement:

http://m.crash.net/wsbk/news/217661/...ankruptcy.html

That's a very interesting puzzle piece. It would seem to indicate that Hero hasn't simply cut and run (which I've never really thought, but I think that would have been the worst case scenario).

I think Hero wants to continue making EBR's and the only thing that will stop them is if somebody else wants to make EBR's more.