Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: EBR in World Superbike

Quote Originally Posted by Hughlysses View Post
    Cross-posting from Badweb, the winter testing ban has been lifted: http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/wsbk/world-superbi ke-test-ban-lifted-2015/

Hopefully the new EBR team can make good use of this.
    Let's hope they have the money and commitment to take advantage of this (I had questioned throughout last year if they really had the money and commitment necessary, but the fact that they're back next year indicates they have more than I suspected).

This may be the first big test for Pegram. If he's serious, there should be an EBR truck parked at Jennings GP or other southern track in January.

Another interesting element of this is how concerned the other teams are about the rules changes.
    From what we know EBR shouldn't be losing anything and they will be working improvements and a stronger bike than they had last year while the top teams are working with weaker bikes than they had last year.

I took a little time yesterday looking at the brake modification restrictions for WSBK, and that seems to be one of the few areas under the new rules in which components can be completely swapped out (if anyone else wants to take a look and offer their interpretation, that would be cool).

From my interpretation, they can put a completely different set of brakes on the race bike without making any changes to the street bike.

IF alternate designs offer improvements, they can implement those designs on the race bikes and then incorporate those improvements on street bikes later - rather than being forced to put them on a street-bike first.
    Last edited by Scott; 12-05-2014 at 06:21 AM.

I hope they take advantage of this and come out swing in the first round with a pair of superpole appearances and an inter team fight to the finish for 14th and 15th and both races to get on the board with points right from the start!

Quote Originally Posted by Classax View Post
    I hope they take advantage of this and come out swing in the first round with a pair of superpole appearances and an inter team fight to the finish for 14th and 15th and both races to get on the board with points right from the start!
    I think that's a very realistic, achievable and appropriate goal. One Superpole appearance all last season is really one of the more pathetic stats.

And if they can qualify in the top 20, they should be able to finish around 15 just though attrition.

While that may seem a low bar, it would show they're as good or better than last year's team and give them a solid start to build on.

I'm hoping for (at least Canepa) to be finishing near 10th by the end of the season. If that happens, I'll be very happy and able to put 2014 behind me.

EBRforum Expert
    Cross-posting from Badweb; interview with Canepa:

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl= en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww. moto.it%2Fsuperbike%2Fsbk-canepa-hero-ebr-una-sfid a-che-mi-affascina.html&edit-text=&act=url

The says they will be testing in Florida (Jennings?) and New Orleans next month.

Quote Originally Posted by Hughlysses View Post
    Cross-posting from Badweb; interview with Canepa:

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl= en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww. moto.it%2Fsuperbike%2Fsbk-canepa-hero-ebr-una-sfid a-che-mi-affascina.html&edit-text=&act=url

The says they will be testing in Florida (Jennings?) and New Orleans next month.

Maybe I'm just a sucker for their slick BS but that article's getting me excited.

I know Geoff May, he's lives near me, he used to have a motorcycle shop that rebuilt the motor on one of my bikes, I happy to see Buell moving forward into wsbk, to bad I can't watch it on tv anymore.

A clip of May starting from pit lane at Big Kahuna

Quote Originally Posted by the todd View Post
    I know Geoff May, he's lives near me, he used to have a motorcycle shop that rebuilt the motor on one of my bikes, I happy to see Buell moving forward into wsbk, to bad I can't watch it on tv anymore.

A clip of May starting from pit lane at Big Kahuna
    Cool video!

CBS Sports will be showing Moto-America. Hopefully there will be some competitive EBR's (I'd love to see Cory and Geoff on a well-financed team, but that seems unlikely at the moment.)

I can get WSBK, but I had to pay extra for the package through Comcast.

I like Bien's no commercials coverage!

The very first EBR's

I thought you guys might like to see this clip also, If I remember correctly these were for sale for $37,500 I was surprised to see these that day, They are from the first 100 made.

p.s the flag bike is amazing.