Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: EBR in World Superbike

EBRforum Novice
    COTA is an amazing track. I was one of the lucky few "ordinary" people given an opportunity to ride it. It's an amazing facility.

EBRforum Expert
    Here's a link to a good article about EBR's WSB effort discussing the rules and particularly the production numbers required for homolgation. I'm guessing this means things are really going to be hopping in East Troy in just over a month:

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/wsbk...uperbike-2014/

I can't wait to find out what classes and riders.With BEIN Channel available hear now I was able to catch the last three rounds of WSBK on tv. So i'm going to beable to watch all season gain!! CBS sports also picked up AMA races for next year so that's another win. EBR have to get any testing done asap and deliver bikes to dealers before the end of the year if they want to pass inspection. There are some really good riders looking for rides right now and the Americans seem to prefer less traction control, big mid range bikes as part of their riding style. Couple of Haydens, and Eslik are all free agents right now. I say run the EVO class this year. As to who will run it in the AMA? Lot of young guns in Daytona class could easily come up? Maybe steal Filmore from KTM? 2014 is shaping up to be a most anticipated season.

I wonder if there's any chance the new 250 cc Hero/EBR engine would go Moto3 racing. 250 seems a little small for me, but if it's a real performer a street-legal EBR 250 Moto3 bike could be really cool! Give it a kick-start, and I could be in love.

I've been seeing rumors that Jordan may be calling it quits in the AMA which opens up some interesting possibilities. The most obvious is that Danny Eslick may be available and likely interested in a WSBK spot. And Roger Hayden will also be available. But it also opens opportunities in the AMA and frees up non-rider talent. I'd love to see Hero/EBR sign Danny for WSBK, but if they could also find some more money somewhere, it would be great to see RS Racecraft with maybe a West/Hayden team and a better chance of a podium than they've had in the past.

EBRforum Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    I've been seeing rumors that Jordan may be calling it quits in the AMA which opens up some interesting possibilities. The most obvious is that Danny Eslick may be available and likely interested in a WSBK spot. And Roger Hayden will also be available. But it also opens opportunities in the AMA and frees up non-rider talent. I'd love to see Hero/EBR sign Danny for WSBK, but if they could also find some more money somewhere, it would be great to see RS Racecraft with maybe a West/Hayden team and a better chance of a podium than they've had in the past.
    I haven't seen it confirmed in print but a lot of people claim it's a done deal.

I haven't heard if EBR plans to continue in AMA Superbike or not. I did see it someplace that RS Racecraft was selling off their EBR bikes, but that's just what somebody said.

Come to think of it- which EBR would/could they run in AMA next year, the 1190RS or the 1190RX?

Quote Originally Posted by Hughlysses View Post
    I haven't seen it confirmed in print but a lot of people claim it's a done deal.

I haven't heard if EBR plans to continue in AMA Superbike or not. I did see it someplace that RS Racecraft was selling off their EBR bikes, but that's just what somebody said.

Come to think of it- which EBR would/could they run in AMA next year, the 1190RS or the 1190RX?
    I would assume they could run either (as long as EBR submits the RX for Homologation which I assume they will do in any case to make it as easy as possible for privateers). I believe the primary advantage of the RS for AMA is the suspension. The AMA rules are closer to stock than WSBK and I believe the stock suspension must be maintained (though I think the springs can be swapped out). WSBK on the other hand allows suspensions to be completely swapped out. Suspensions are a huge deal in racing.

Since Cory is an EBR employee, I suspect he may try to run and I expect EBR will support him in some small ways if they can. But if so, the effort will likely look much more like the original Geoff May box-truck effort than the more recent higher-budget efforts.

It would be a shame to not have at least some presence in the AMA, and Jordan's departure (along with EBR) will make the series more accessible to lower budget efforts.

Come to think of it, going as far back as the '90s, there have been Buells involved in the AMA. From the days of Battle of the Twins through Formula X-Treme with bored out XB's and then the controversial XB-RR and, of course Danny Eslick and the break-through (though still controversial) 1125R in Sportbike.

Then, if I remember correctly, Walt Sipp and Shawn Higbee took the 1125 into Superbike and Taylor Knapp and Cory West made strong, factory supported efforts on the 1125RR just prior to the shut-down.

Then Geoff was the first EBR rider and I believe Shawn Higbee rode as many races as he could that first year.

So as exciting as it is to see EBR make the leap to WSBK, there would also be a sad end to an era if 2014 is the first year with no Buell or EBR presence.

Wow isn't Jordan a title sponsor with National Guard?!?! CBS has already picked up all the races for TV for 2014, I would be amazed to see them leave just when the national press exposure finally arrives. I know there are more plans to see the jumpman in NASCAR, but didn't know they would leave the AMA. I really would be shocked to see EBR in WSBK and not AMA. If the Prescription is as or more competitive than the RS out of the box, I wouldn't be surprised to see more teams take it on. If JMS leaves the series I don't see EBR/Hero filling that void. If it the stars aligned and Eslik and Hayden were in need of rides, I could see a Hayden/May team in WSBK and an Eslik/West team in AMA. No knock to the other riders, but the PR for a new Hayden on the world stage would be too good to pass up. If teams with tight budgets are going to run the Prescription, they are going to have to liquidate their current equipment, so don't know what to think of RS Racecraft selling the RS. If I am Erik Buell, I'm on a plane talking to Francis Batta trying to convince Alstare to campaign with the Prescription since the Panigale was not competitive at all, and is a total loss on even minor crashes. That would be HUGE!!http://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/5-sb...rtnership.html

As far as which bike in AMA, EBR is only building 35 RS this year, the rules state they have to build 100 per calender year and it must be less that 40K. That leads me to believe the RX the machine going forward. I don't see the suspension as issue in AMA BPF are performing well, and they can have their pick from that approved list in WSBK. They'll run what everyone else does.

Man 2014 is going to be an amazing year.
    Last edited by Classax; 10-27-2013 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Classax View Post
    If it the stars aligned and Eslik and Hayden were in need of rides, I could see a Hayden/May team in WSBK and an Eslik/West team in AMA.
    That would be great, but I doubt the money's there, and EBR will have as much trouble as anyone else attracting a new, deep-pocketed sponsor. As for Hayden vs, Eslick, Eslick's experience on the bike could be invaluable and even though Hayden may be a better rider on paper, Eslick may be a better fit on the bike. I wouldn't be surprised if both are testing with EBR soon. And then there's the question of other WSBK riders. Could a Max Neukircher (for example) be a better choice than either Eslick or Hayden?