Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: EBR in World Superbike

EBRforum Newb
    With the evo rules next year , they should be able to close the gap quickly

EBRforum Expert
    No discussion here in over a month- Badweb's off-line this morning so no discussion there.

SPOILER ALERT

Interesting events at Sepang this weekend. First couple of practice sessions didn't seem to show anything new for the EBR bikes. Then Geoff only runs a few laps in FP3 before he comes off the track with an apparently electrical problem. They are unable to get the problem corrected for FP4 or either race!!!! Aaron manages a decent 16th place in race one, the best either rider has done all season and a 20th place finish in race 2.

Team Hero/EBR posted this to their FB page just prior to race 1:
    "Aaron has completed the warm up but regretfully Geoff will not take part due to a small electronic issue that we are unable to fix. We thanks all our fans and supporters during our development year, we will continue to work hard and we will rectify the problem because we know now what we need to do."

Team Hero/EBR later had another post (which has apparently been deleted since) which said they would be introducing new parts in the next few races (something they have said previously). Did they finally figure out some crucial mistake they were making with the bike's electronics? It's crazy that a supposedly world-class team couldn't get an electrical issue sorted out on a motorcycle in 24 hours, but maybe they have figured out something fundamental they've been doing wrong. It would be wonderful to see them make a quantum leap in performance in the next race or 2.

Official Team Press release:
    http://us5.campaign-archive2.com/?u=b1964295d7f155fa8c439a200&id=71764d202d

Really not much to say. The street bikes are doing well, AMA bikes not so much, and the WSB effort is in shambles with seemingly know real direction. It can only get better becuase it doesn't yet seem that it can get all that much worse. On to the next round.

The frustrating thing is they don't seem to be showing any progress. I wasn't surprised that they started at the back of the pack, but I expected them to make some gains with each race. They still have half the season left, but I think it's time to start thinking about shaking things up.

EBRforum Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    The frustrating thing is they don't seem to be showing any progress. I wasn't surprised that they started at the back of the pack, but I expected them to make some gains with each race.
    It's going to take *seasons*, not races. This ain't the AMA. Whole different level of competition.

If they can consistently start finishing races without getting lapped, that's a great first season. Next year maybe we can see something other than consistently last place finishes. Third year maybe some mid-pack finishes. And so on.

Seasons, my friend, seasons. Not races. Seasons. New bike, new team, new riders (to WSBK), etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Doosh View Post
    It's going to take *seasons*, not races. This ain't the AMA. Whole different level of competition.

If they can consistently start finishing races without getting lapped, that's a great first season. Next year maybe we can see something other than consistently last place finishes. Third year maybe some mid-pack finishes. And so on.

Seasons, my friend, seasons. Not races. Seasons. New bike, new team, new riders (to WSBK), etc.

That right there is TRUTH. Although some would point to the realtive success of the MV and Bimota teams as a counter point, the personel and expereince levels witht the bikes and teams are exponetially higher for both those manufactures. They are clearly having major issues getting the bikes set up well enough to perform as designed let alone pushing the envelope with improvements. All in due time though.

I absolutely agree. The problem is, I don't see any improvement after a half season. If they were 5% better at this point than where they started, they could be 10% better by the end of the season. And after several seasons, they could be competitive. But zero times 100 seasons is still zero.

I can watch a snail crawl across a street and be patient knowing it will eventually get to the other side. It's a little harder to patiently wait for a rock to cross.

EBRforum Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    The problem is, I don't see any improvement after a half season. If they were 5% better at this point than where they started, they could be 10% better by the end of the season. And after several seasons, they could be competitive. But zero times 100 seasons is still zero.
    I'm going to argue knowing where the deficiencies lie was the first step forward. Having discovered and documented that wouldn't have reflected in outcomes yet.

Seasons, my friend.... seasons.

I'm going to argue knowing where the deficiencies lie was the first step forward. Having discovered and documented that wouldn't have reflected in outcomes yet.

Seasons, my friend.... seasons.
    The first step in any great journey is made not with the foot, but with the mind. Discovering what has to be improved is one of the biggest steps that can be taken.

EBRforum Newb
    I think that the Buell "innovative" concepts that look good on paper don't translate well to the racetrack. Has Buell EVER been competitive in any class at any point in time? I'm not trying to talk **** I just don't even know.