Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: EBR in World Superbike

EBRforum Expert
    SPOILER ALERT

Team Hero/EBR had a fairly miserable weekend. Nic managed a 15th place finish in race 1 and scored a point; Larry was DNF. Both racers were DNF in race 2.

According to Nic, he was fully 1/2 second faster a lap in race 2 but the exhaust pipe broke with ~1 lap remaining. Larry says he missed a shift in race 1 and then snatched the gear, which snapped the chain. He believes the DNF in race 2 was a failed clutch.

Certainly nothing to brag about, but STILL better than last year and at least no grenaded engines. I imagine they were off their game at least a little after last week's closure announcement even if they have been promised funding for the rest of the WSBK season.

Hey, points are points and they don't come easy at this level. If they can get things together a little bit more, they could start to challenge BMW for points. My hope going into the season was Niccolo could run around 15th at the beginning of the season and move up to 10th by the end, and he seems to be pretty consistent around 15 now when he can finish.

If broader events weren't such a mess, I'd be starting to get into it and root for them to make some steady progress, but it's a little hard to get into it at the moment.

EBRforum Expert
    Well, now it appears the WSBK team is in jeopardy:

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...fate-thursday/

The team Hero-EBR left the league WSBK...
    Pegram promised to return with his team in the near future.
    EBR 1190 RX

EBRforum Expert
    Zviadi, in case you didn't see the other thread, it appears Hero owes EBR ~$20M for engineering services and that their failure to pay may have been a deliberate move to force EBR into receivership:

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...uble-in-india/

I read all the threads and know about what HERO owed to Eric $ 20 million for engineering.
    Only here the news of the termination of performance of the team EBR at WSBK dated today morning.
    Last edited by zviadi; 04-30-2015 at 03:39 PM.
    EBR 1190 RX