Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's Official- EBR 1190RX to be Revealed at AIM Expo October 16, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Ed / AF1 Racing View Post
    Hurry up Wednesday....we'll be posting up everything we find out

I see that Beaubier is supposedly joining Hayes in AMA Superbike for 2014, so that could shoot down that theory, but I have to imagine that if EBR offered to take him to WSBK Graves wouldn't stand in his way. I don't think they'd say: "Screw you. You signed a contract so you're stuck here in AMA Superbike with us." Still seems like the most logical interpretation of a cryptic '6' to me.

. . . but I do think it's unlikely Graves would let him go to Team Hero if he's just going to compete with them in the AMA, so I think if Beaubier is joining EBR it also means they're making the leap to WSBK - which would fit previously stated WSBK aspirations that have been reported.

EBRforum Expert
    I posted in the 1190RX forum, but here's the new teaser shot posted on EBR's Facebook page yesterday:

Okay Hugh, how about it? Vs: The guy with the beard in the center looking directly into the camera? Possible, or just wishful thinking?

EBRforum Expert
    Man, I don't know; could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Hughlysses View Post
    Man, I don't know; could be.
    Yeah. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. But based on the fact that it could be, and based on your insider mention of '6' and based on multiple references to EBR's interest in going WSBK racing, and based on the fact that we've heard there will be multiple announcements at Aim (and we already have pretty good info. that successive models will be released in stages), and based on Hero's clear interest in spreading word about their brand, and based on the fact that the 1190RX should be produced in amounts enough to reach homologation limits, I wouldn't be surprised if they announce that Cameron Beaubier (and probably Geoff May) will be racing WSBK in 2014 on a Hero/EBR team.

. . . but saying I wouldn't be surprised doesn't mean I would bet on it. I may well be letting wishfull thinking get the better of me, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is a real possibility. We've seen that Geoff has some real skill and clearly has an ability to get the best out of the bike. Beaubier is one of the most exciting young riders I've seen in the AMA (his performance in Sportbike this year was nothing short of amazing), and it's likely that the 1190RX incorporates a lot of things they've learned racing over the last several years. Also WSBK rules would allow them to make continued variations without being as locked into the design as AMA.

It would be a huge hill to climb, but a very exciting prospect. I'm not going to get too excited until we hear something more definite, but I'm hoping it's at least a possibility at this point.

EBRforum Expert
    Another person of interest in the photo- someone on Badweb pointed out the guy holding the bicycle looks an awful lot like former Buell employee, most recently Zero Motorcycles chief technology officer Abe Askenazi.

Quote Originally Posted by Hughlysses View Post
    Another person of interest in the photo- someone on Badweb pointed out the guy holding the bicycle looks an awful lot like former Buell employee, most recently Zero Motorcycles chief technology officer Abe Askenazi.
    Interesting. Did they get him back from Zero? That would be a nice acquisition if they did.

EBRforum Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Interesting. Did they get him back from Zero? That would be a nice acquisition if they did.
    Unknown, his "Linkedin" profile still lists him at Zero, but then again Linkedin still shows Gary Pietruszewski, the guy listed on the official press release as the Vice President Global Sales for EBR as "VP Sales & Dealer Development at Piaggio Group Americas". Abe always seemed to be one of the front guys at Buell; I imagine Erik would get him back if he can.
    Last edited by Hughlysses; 10-14-2013 at 10:19 AM.