Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Bruce & Erik: I need a Finishing Kit!

Thanks for the reply Dean, I'm not looking to monitor the fueling, I just assume that your maps alter the timing and fuel, not just one, correct?
    I would be perfectly happy with just one solution, and it sounds like yours is the way to go. I dont need to seek out every last HP, just need good mapping for a proper exhaust!
    #811 CMRA
    2014 EBR 1190RX #302

EBRforum Junkie
    The power commander only does fueling. The race ecm will be both timing and fuel. The programmable ecm can alter ANYTHING, you just have to know where to look. I've had to ask about numerous things so far.

Quote Originally Posted by d_adams View Post
    The power commander only does fueling. The race ecm will be both timing and fuel. The programmable ecm can alter ANYTHING, you just have to know where to look. I've had to ask about numerous things so far.
    So whats the chance you can get IDS to sell an ECM with a tune for your exhaust?

EBRforum Junkie
    I am selling them now, the tune will be done next week and I'll be shipping the ECM's once I have them in hand. Already have a few on order and expect to sell more when guys are informed about it.

Quote Originally Posted by d_adams View Post
    I am selling them now, the tune will be done next week and I'll be shipping the ECM's once I have them in hand. Already have a few on order and expect to sell more when guys are informed about it.
    I will be placing an order shortly... Always great doing business with you Dean

EBRforum Newb
    So Dean, if I already ordered the PCV for your exhaust and was going to use the tune, should I just return it and get the new ECM? Will that alone be able to do it all, or maybe would you see better results with them in conjunction? Just wanna know if I should even bother keeping the PCV if I order an ECM. Thanks!

EBRforum Junkie
    I'm waiting on the results myself. At this point, the PC-V is a known (and proven) power gain with my exhaust. What the IDSPD tune will make remains to be seen, although I expect it to make decent power. The difference between the PC-V and the race ecm is fuel only changes on the PC-V and the race ecm can alter anything. They're the OEM mfg, so I'm pretty sure they know what's going on and how to tune it. Personally, I recommend a little bit richer tune than what the PC-V is targeted at. The 1125 and 1190 seem to like more fuel than what would normally be accepted and appear to benefit from it. Low end fueling is much improved on mine and it's still not perfect just yet.

Dean, going to order mine today, I sent you a DM regarding this.
    #811 CMRA
    2014 EBR 1190RX #302

EBRforum Junkie
    Dean, it appears as though you are now working with IDS and selling the IDS programmable units for your exhaust on your website now?

When you say you can alter anything with the race ecm does that mean the ecm can be recalibrated for rear sprocket changes, to correct the speedo and gear indicator for the new ratio?
    Last edited by buell-fan; 09-18-2015 at 08:30 PM.

EBRforum Junkie
    The programmable ecm (the $630 one) can be altered in any fashion. Use caution doing so, you _can_ break your bike if you do something wrong. Yes, the gear ratios can be set/changed.