Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Bruce & Erik: I need a Finishing Kit!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    The bend radius is about a 45 degree angle, plus or minus a degree or two with about a 2" bend radius.
    Once you put the pieces on the bike/muffler, it's up to the owner to trim and rotate to your desire..

Slick -
    Removing the whole exhaust...requires a whole new system, not just the tips..!
    Proper bends, what you don't like to be off one or two degrees...something you'll never even see..!? Also depends on how much YOU rotate the tips..!

Beside, I don't want the SAME thing everyone in EBR'dom else has. One reason I haven't made a big deal out of getting tips in the first place. Playing around this evening (while getting ready to weld my broken front muffler bracket tomorrow), I started cutting small pieces off until I got the bottom tube where "I" want it, then started cutting the top tube to get it to match up to the bottom tubes location.
    I will not be doing the EBR, "slash cut" like everyone seems to like. I have a couple of ideas in mind but have to wait till I weld the muffler bracket and move the bike so I can better see the right side of the bike.
    Mine aren't going to stick up in the air either. A little flatter, closer to the swing arm, possibly a little longer than normal also.

Imagination, the key to being an individual.

Mike

I like nothing more than having a bike that is different and like no other. As for the exhaust, I know that removing the muffler would require remaps, testing, more remaps and even then you really have to know what to look for and keep up on. Mostly I just wanted to get rid of the weight even though it is in a low centralized place. However I was hoping that in removing the muffler it would open up a little performance and maybe some sound as well.

EBRforum Junkie
    One of these (not the right one) only weighs 8 lbs. All 3 pipes in the pic total out to about 24-25 lbs, which is still less than a single stock 1190 exhaust at 25.75 lbs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150504_194800.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	189.5 KB 
ID:	619

Install one of those, it can get you this

If you can't make it out, stock was 160, with the pipe/PC-V it was 174. Still working on a tune for the race ecm though, I expect more out of it.
    Last edited by d_adams; 09-13-2015 at 10:41 AM.

lol, the first pic link is not showing on my screen.?

Dean how loud is your exhaust. Do you know in db's?? Can it be used for a bike that is daily driven or will you get a little tired of the sound? I got a xb also with a torque hammer on, and I think that is just the right amount of sound for a bike.

EBRforum Novice
    I have to tell a funny story. I have one of Dean's systems on my endurance machine, and it's the only exhaust I've used that I haven't destroyed other than the EBR, and I've used a few of them. It's a durable, well made piece of kit.

During the 8-hour event in the rain this year, the mid-pipe slipped off the header. (We have since made a remedy for this using coupling springs like many exhaust systems do). I was on the bike at the time and noticed the change in the sound. Imagine an 1125r with no exhaust at all, because that's what it was.

Over the radio a corner worker in the race called us in "Hey, the orange Buell sounds a little different -- is something wrong". The response from the race director? "Nah, I don't think so, that's just what Buells sound like."

EBRforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by DkRider View Post
    Dean how loud is your exhaust. Do you know in db's?? Can it be used for a bike that is daily driven or will you get a little tired of the sound? I got a xb also with a torque hammer on, and I think that is just the right amount of sound for a bike.

I think ASB stated something like 98 db at idle, 110 at 5k rpm? I wear ear plugs all the time, even when I have a stock exhaust on whatever bike I'm riding. The bikes with loud exhaust, they're daily riders and they get flogged daily.

My Dean Adams exhaust is being fabricated as I type,lol. Dyno Jet makes a map for it, I can't wait ��

EBRforum Junkie
    FYI, there will be a race ecm available in a few weeks at most. Tuning should happen next week if all goes well and once the tune is finalized, it will be released. I will have them available in my webstore, they're up for pre-order now.

Dean, are the traction control parameters changing at all with your race ECM? And..... this may be a stupid question, but would you recommend using a PCV in conjunction with your race ECM for the auto-tuning feature?
    #811 CMRA
    2014 EBR 1190RX #302

EBRforum Junkie
    I have had the TC turned off for some time now, I have no idea how it's controlled. It's set via the dash, although I have not looked or asked what would affect it. Personally, I would run one or the other, not both. If you want to see what it's doing and make changes, you're going to have to go the same route I did and spend $1300 for the programmable ecm and the wego 3 wideband with display.