Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: post your marketing and advertising strategies for the EBR brand to survive

EBRforum Newb
    The military discount is a great idea. These men and women are as patriotic as they come and we should build on that. I hear people say that built in the U.S. doesnt matter anymore. To that, I say bull****. My wife and I have three sons. If they want to design or build motorcycles when they grow up, it matters. Please don't say they could go to work in Milwaukee; I said motorcycles, not tractors. For the men and women in East Troy, it matters. EBR has built high performance machines that go toe to toe with anything from Europe or Asian. The point needs to be driven home that these machines aren't from Europe or Asian, they're from right here. I believe that all men and women, regardless of nationality, are equal. But in the modern global market this is a competition and I want America to win. There isn't anything wrong with that. EBR should "rally the troops." We're identified by our innovation and determination. I'm pretty sure if ten years from now you google either of those words you'll quickly find Erik Buell. EBR should market those ideals. "Designed with American ingenuity, built and ridden with American grit." Marketing last year was almost nonexistent. Ads in cycle world should be a given. Not nice guy ads, but in your face ads. Put Chuck Norris on an EBR cooking the rear tire. Any current or former iconic American racer would be great. Make it crystal clear that EBR makes the ONLY American super bikes and they kick some ass. Use the current Faithful to build the customer experience. Have new buyers submit their email address and forward it to this forum. I doubt you'll find a more welcoming and open "club" anywhere. Make it clear that these bikes are made to be ridden and abused. The Italian super bike company has earned a reputation for building high performance motorcycles, but they're "dainty." Exploit the fact that they serve espresso at their hospitality tents (this is no ****). I love my camo EBR hat. American motorcycle riders have grease under their nails, not in their hair. We should all be proud of that. Bruce just might be the best thing that could have happened to EBR. I have the impression that he's living the American dream and isn't about to apologize for it. It doesn't get much more American than Jersey. Home of The Boss and next door to the Ramones. EBR needs to become synonymous with those sort of American icons. I didn't just buy my EBR for the high performance machine that it is. My money was a vote for what I think matters for our future. I don't think for a moment that I'm the only one.

EBRforum ProvNov
    I'll second the Military Discount thing by the mfgr.

This is something that dealers can promote too. Actually when I was visiting dealers looking for the best deal on an SX, I remembered what my friend who is an Army Veteran said about asking for discounts to veterans while shopping for a new bike. Invariably he would get a better deal when he showed his VA card. So when I asked one dealer if he would offer some kind of consideration to a Veteran (me), the Sales Manager (also a Veteran) knocked $1000 off their asking price and that clinched the deal for me.

EBRforum Newb
    My only advise is....

1) Buell, and EBR had some of the best magazine ads, and video advertisements i have ever seen for a motorcycle company, keep that up.
    2) Bikes like the Lightning, and my personal favorite, the Super TT, had so much attitude there was nothing else that compared. I loved the racing history, and the engineering masterpieces that were part of Buell / EBR, but the urban assault vehicle- street fighter image is what sold me over and over again.
    3) Organize area groups of Buell, EBR riders. Places like Kansas City used to have a huge Buell following, now most have all disappeared into the cracks

My 2 cents