Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: When will EBR be fully operational? Questions to the Owner.

EBRforum Junkie
    And we're just sitting here in America like . .

Quote Originally Posted by noone1569 View Post
    And we're just sitting here in America like . .
    Not all ...
    greetings from germany, Christian.
    burn your tires, but not your soul!
    1190RX , XB9R carbon edition

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    But what do you expect from a country for which Harley Davidson is the standard?
    Here in germany? We make jokes about that "standard"!
    I only say: "Objects in Mirror are behind you!" we call that "monkeyapproved"

We love Erik's bike's, his visionary technology and the polarising design.
    Most people wish anXB14 or even 16!
    If the SX would have an mapping with more tourque and less peakpower, not like actual same character as RX,
    they could sell these bikes in germany.

This is why we love him:
    Name:  erik.JPG
Views: 1104
Size:  53.9 KB
    This Foto was shot in Germany/Oschersleben while the "Pegasus Race Experience" october2010!
    a picture says more than thosand words!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post

If I were EBR, I think I would frankly be spending more time in Europe, Australia and Asia than the United States. It seems they have a better recognition and understanding of the unique characteristics of the EBR than people in the US. But what do you expect from a country for which Harley Davidson is the standard?
    The unfortunate reality is Buells/EBR are more well regarded across the pond than here in the states. Despite the fact that a 245lbs novice rider can easily run slow A group lap times on street tires, and stock gearing is always an amazement at the track. Everyone thinks they're beautiful most would rather run a Duc or BMW for the money. This weekend I had an instructor comment that I looked very casual for my pace where as most guys who are running that quick seem to be working much harder and busier on the bike. He happen to be ridding a gear down RSV4, and is 6'2. I invited him to throw a leg over the EBR. He immediately realized why I seemed so comfortable. Although the RX is physically as compact as the RSV4, the rider triangle is far more roomy. The bike turns quicker and revs just as fast but makes its power much sooner. He liked it, but not enough to buy one with the company in flux.

EBRforum Novice
    Carbonbolt,
    An XB14? Fellow dreamers of a street legal and durable XBRR engine? Maybe someone could talk S&S into producing it? Think of all the XB's around the world that could be upgraded with a new engine. Maybe 120 horsepower and 100 foot pounds torque? That should be safely reachable with that design.

Im pretty sure I remember Jens krüper and Hillbilly-Motors had a kit for the XB to make it 1600cc.

I only tried to say that some people wish the XB back, with more tourque maybe. But this is past and gone.
    The SX could be the model for the masses, but it has the wrong mapping/characteristic.
    I know all the customised XBengines from germany. The best is the 1170!
    We dont want to tell Erik what to do, but the Typhon and the Manticor are made to show what is possible and wanted.

If anybody doesnt know these bikes, i can send good pics.

Well I for one believe that the best bike made by Erik so far would have to be the 1190RX. He is indeed trying to make racing motorcycles hence the RX and all its wondrous glory. Some people say focus somewhere other than the U.S. but of course they are made in the U.S. so why wouldn't the focus be at home. Besides I think that is probably what the SX was for, since most people who ride these bike across the pond so to speak are riding them with not much room to stretch those legs and open up. Fortunately there is such room in the U.S., especially at the track and down the highway headed home. I am just thankful for Erik continuing to create and improve. There is still more room to grow into the current engine and plenty of room for tweaks, hopefully we get to see where the road leads in the future.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Classax, how far from stock is your RX and do you drive it on the streets in race trim?
    I'm asking because I ride streets & canyons on a SX with Race ECM & shorty tips and except for occasional boneheaded stalling in 1st taking off from stops, it's just bitchin'! And no, I don't race.