Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: When will EBR be fully operational? Questions to the Owner.

EBRforum Novice
    To me that's a landslide, especially in black. I also might add that I hold the RX as maybe the most attractive bike ever. I also might add that I have an abnormally high standard for aesthetic excellence. It reflects naturally stylish things, like big cats and gorgeous women.

Don't mind my opinion. You could say I expect too much. But I think my spectacles are perfectly focused and clear :)

I apologize for derailing this thread. I just couldn't resist somehow continuing the Ray Charles mention. EBR has A LOT of issues that need attention, luckily styling isn't one of them.

That's the beauty of styling - just like art, its all subjective. I love sharp edges and clean lines, maybe it's because I've owned too many Japanese bike and Aprilias. I consider the 04-08 Mille to be one of the best looking bikes of all times, and it's pretty pointy in all the right places.
    I thought the new ZX10R was absolutely hideous when it first came out, but its grown on me quite a lot, especially when seeing Sykes and Rea crush everyone on it.
    To each their own!! I have love for anyone with this same crazy passion for two wheels......but just have to keep it light and fun.
    #811 CMRA
    2014 EBR 1190RX #302

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Porcaro View Post

I apologize for derailing this thread.
    With no real news, it's at least nice to have something to talk about while we wait.

I agree that EBR is, to my tastes, one of the best looking performance bikes out there, but even if my taste isn't representative of most people, I think the EBR styling does the two main things it needs to do:

1. Look reasonably good
    2. Look unique

Until EBR really gets up and running, I think their main selling point will be their uniqueness. The true differences in performance of bikes at this level are very subtle, so we're really buying more for emotional reasons than anything else. If you want a bike with a long racing heritage, go with Ducati. If you like the idea of precise German engineering and the image and heritage of BMW, get the S1000RR. If you want the latest and greatest techno-gadgetry, get the R1, etc. etc. etc.

With EBR, within this class of superbikes, the selling points are: unique, rare, American superbike. And if you're buying one of the rarest superbikes on the planet, you want people to know you've got one of the rarest superbikes on the planet. Lay-people may have trouble seeing the difference between an R1 and 1190RX, but to people like us, the styling differences are glaring. We're going to recognize an 1190RX from 100 yards away across a crowded parking lot. And whether other riders like the styling or not, they'll know it's something unique and that's the most important thing EBR needs to have from their styling at this moment.

With that in mind, I'd like them to go a little farther and take some risks with the color combinations they offer in the near future. How about all white bodywork with bright blue wheels, swing-arm and frame? Something like that would really stand out.

EBRforum ProvNov
    An Arctic white RX or SX would look so bad ass!

EBRforum Junkie
    A person at Hot Bodies is supposedly setting up a group buy for OEM fairings in different colors.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2899...8123573011855/

EBRforum ProvNov
    I'd be in for a set in white. Can you get me an e-mail? I'm not a Facebook person. I'd appreciate the help.

EBRforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by yamatr3 View Post
    I'd be in for a set in white. Can you get me an e-mail? I'm not a Facebook person. I'd appreciate the help.
    When it comes to fruition, I'll be sure to keep you in the loop

EBRforum Junkie
    yamatr -

Just go to the Hot Bodies web site..!
    Call or e-mail.

Mike

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news...e-stock-offer/

I found this article today, and it sparked my interest. Who here would consider buying private stock in EBR if made available to raise capital? I think I'd buy a few hundred worth, something I could afford losing, but also would like to feel a little more pride in the brand.
    #811 CMRA
    2014 EBR 1190RX #302

EBRforum Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by kneepucker View Post
    http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news...e-stock-offer/

I found this article today, and it sparked my interest. Who here would consider buying private stock in EBR if made available to raise capital? I think I'd buy a few hundred worth, something I could afford losing, but also would like to feel a little more pride in the brand.

I would be a player for an EBR private offering with Bruce at the helm. However, keep in mind that the minimum net worth for an investor in a private offering is a bit high. Not sure what it is today, but the last time I invested in a private offering (15 years ago) the minimum net worth was $1 million.