Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: When will EBR be fully operational? Questions to the Owner.

EBRforum Junkie
    Sigh, another month, no news.

Kind of frustrating really. I understand A LOT has to go on behind the scenes, but they have to realize that with every passing month of no news, interests wanes more and more. Dealers are frustrated, customers are frustrated, the public has no idea that EBR is even coming back in any form.

A simple press release or something would make things a lot better.

Sigh.

I'm a die hard EBR guy, but if I could even get 10k for my bike, I might just sell it at this point and pick something else up. Every month, something else breaks, all minor, but its frustrating on something that I spent WAY too much money on anyway. I paid the early adopter tax knowing that I had a 2 year warranty. Maybe I'm just bitching since I haven't ridden the EBR in a few weeks. Perhaps this weekend my point of view will change as I rip it down the track, but for this moment, I am beyond frustrated.

Sigh.

/venting over

EBRforum Expert
    Bruce posted this response to a thread on Facebook today:

I appreciate the positivity and constructive speculation. I come from the school of life that says, "When you've got something to say, say it. Til then, keep your mouth shut." That's always served me well. Won't be much longer. That's a promise. Keep the Faith.
    Last edited by Hughlysses; 10-01-2015 at 08:42 PM.

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Classax View Post
    Best of fortunes Bruce.

I would suggest that at some point in the future before you go public with your next steps that you and your team host a conference call with your key remaining dealers, particularly the sponsor of this forum AF1 racing, and some of the owners who have lived with these machines and the EBR experience for the last two years. Some critical mistakes were made by EBR early on and YOU must not repeat them nor approach the problems in the same way because the results will prove even more catastrophic for the brand and company. There is still a ton of bad information out there concerning these machines. Worse than that, was perceived lack of communication between EBR and the dealer network. While novel the service manual is NOT what your core buyer is looking for. Your market in my opinion are guys and gals who are, proud of being different, prefer v twins for their sound, narrowness, and or power delivery, value corner speed and handling over outright horsepower, and reliability over style. They tend to have grease under their fingernails. They are information addicts.

Our informal poll shows that while the average S1krr, Panigale and even fewer Nippon I4s is only likely to see a race track by less than 8% of their owners, where as in our small sample 52% of EBR owners are active participants in track days or racing, and of those 75% ride both track and street on the same machine, so it would seem getting the race support side of the business (which was sustainable prior to production) might be the first easy win. There are more and more guys starting to win at the club level but parts are scarce.

In terms of electronics I do NOT think your buyers want anti wheelie,slide, launch, skill control. The 1190 even with 20 more hp simply doesn't need it, the geometry puts the power to the ground in a way that negates its usefulness. Most of your owners don't even turn it on. What they need is an easy way to get telemetry( speed, TPS, RPMs, coolant and oil temps) to smart devices, simple unobtrusive traction control (that doesn't limit peak power when on at lower levels) and a dash and control combination that allows TC adjustment on the fly while in lap-timer mode. At a bare minimum not another should roll out of the factory without a quickshifter! The fact that EBR was not the first bike with WiFi/Blutooth telemetry was a HUGE mistake that needs to be corrected. As a gesture to your loyal first adopters improvements 1190 series should be retrofittable to previous models. Its not too late to make the EBR an heirloom type product, machines that are geometrical superior, mechanically sound, and future proof.

After 12K miles and working through all the teething problems I can honestly recommend the RX as a first literbike, because its so easy to ride and it has enough power to keep pace with all but factory prepared it will be rebuilt this weekend and we don't pay for our parts race machines down all but the very longest straights. Corey West proved it bone stock it could run out drive and hold off S1KRRs piloted by expert racers down the longest straights at COTA. I'll take more power but I don't NEED more power. Where we need to improve is brakes. Namely pads. The whole bike is Lorenzo vs Marquez. Despite being a liter bike, it should be ridden cornerspeed style to be successful instead of point and pray like an I4.

Those are just some of my thoughts as an owner who will be on the track at least 9 more times before the end of the season and ridding the bike every day I can in between. We look forward to EBR moving forward.
    Good take and good perspective, however Buell, EBR, or whatever it will be called, it needs to complete with other bikes on price and features. Walk into AF1 and Tuono V4s, RSV4s sit right next to the EBRs. Ray Charles can see which to buy.

EBRforum Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellgate View Post
    Good take and good perspective, however Buell, EBR, or whatever it will be called, it needs to complete with other bikes on price and features. Walk into AF1 and Tuono V4s, RSV4s sit right next to the EBRs. Ray Charles can see which to buy.
    Yes it's no problem for Ray they're hairy balls ugly compared to EBRs.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Porcaro View Post
    Yes it's no problem for Ray they're hairy balls ugly compared to EBRs.
    Did you just call the RSV4 ugly? You're prescription is a little weak......maybe you need a new pair of specs.

Name:  Este2490thicker-vi.jpg
Views: 842
Size:  74.1 KB
    Last edited by kneepucker; 10-02-2015 at 04:55 PM.
    #811 CMRA
    2014 EBR 1190RX #302

EBRforum ProvNov
    Agreed, The RSV4 is one sexy ass machine!!! And so is my RX, Im not one to discriminate make and model. A sexy machine is a sexy machine regardless of who made it.

EBRforum ProvNov
    I just finished working on a Caponard's electricals.
    I was surprised to see an XB issue on a bike very similar to the 1125/1190 platform..

Early XBs, Ulys especially seem to be haunted by the "77 connector".
    The Capos have the "Brown connector" which is also an alternator-to-regulator connector.

The Aprilia, the first I've ever dealt with closely, was a nice machine.
    I like it a lot, a Uly with an 1125 motor, although it needs to go on a diet...

I hope to get a chance to ride it someday, electrical work doesn't warrant a test ride... :(

Z

I wouldn't call the Aprilias 'ugly', but I do think that both EBR and Ducati have cleaner, simpler lines and look leaner than the big-displacement sportbike competition (including Aprilia). I may be in the minority or not - I don't really know, but EBR does have a unique, distinctive look that will be preferred by at least some people over Aprilia, BMW etc. And EBR only needs to sell a very small fraction of what those other bikes sell to get into the realm of profitability. As long as at least some people prefer the EBR, they'll get back on their feet.

Name:  gallery-RSV4-Factory-10.jpg
Views: 581
Size:  165.0 KB

Name:  061314-2014-erik-buell-racing-1190rx-f2.jpg
Views: 637
Size:  80.6 KB

EBRforum Novice
    I can't get past its face. Reminds me of the three-eyed mutant fish from The Simpsons. Clean smooth streamlining is the beauty my eye beholds. If we all liked the same things this world would be a very boring place :)

And I don't think it's ugly in general, just compared to the RX. Still more attractive than many.
    Last edited by Doug Porcaro; 10-05-2015 at 11:56 AM.

EBRforum Junkie
    Reminds me of my trailer yesterday
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12115703_10106278762935609_1888243376874127871_n.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	151.5 KB 
ID:	639