Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: When will EBR be fully operational? Questions to the Owner.

EBRforum Newb
    A couple of question I hope Bruce can answer, and answers that I think is important.
    Will the motorcycles be sold as EBR, or will the bikes get a new name?
    How big will the production be in the start, can we expect same amount as was produced at the end of EBR, or will it be smaller?
    IF it will be a smaller staff, and less produced bikes, what is the expected delivery time after a new order?
    Will the production be the same bikes as before, or will a model fall out, perhaps a new model?
    IF the same models will continue be produced, can we expect a 2016 model, or just a copy of 2015?

And Bruce, yes we are all real interested, perhaps asking to much, but again, we are the ppl who will buy this bikes :)

EBRforum Newb
    First and foremost, sell bikes: 1) Advertise the bike to let the public know just how good it is (it doesn't need any improvements/further development for the time being), 2) get website back up and warranties going again to give people the confidence to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by dmhines View Post
    I am sure that EBR was purchased at auction free and clear of all debts and liabilities ... this includes warranties. The only way warranty's will be honored if its done as a good will gesture by the new owner.
    The warranty is a big deal to dealers as well. They are the ones that perform this work, and the dealer network needs this back to get it's customers back. The dealers are upset because they think they have lost a customer base and the support from EBR. They are performing warranty work without EBR reimbursing them, so either they are taking the loss, or shifting the loss to the owners of the motorcycles... The best marketing campaigns are with positive feedback from owners. If you cut the warranties, you lose a good portion of the owners that purchased at full price... If you want the brand to have legitimacy, it would need to offer coverage of the old warranties, so that the dealers can keep people coming back. You might be protected from liability, but I don't think this is the right thing, or correct thing... If you were now in the market for a new motorcycle and you saw what just happened, and then that the old warranties were not covered.. what would you do? I would think very strongly about going in another direction... Maybe that is naïve thinking on my part... maybe on dmhines part... I dunno...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Parts ARE available..! I've bought a bunch myself.
    Warranties are a different story.
    I need a front rotor and left side upper body panel myself.

Mike

Not the parts I need..... race parts.....not just OEM replacement parts, and yes, lots of front rotors..... I had to make my own GP shift lever/linkage.

I was really hoping to track/race my EBR for this upcoming CMRA event at Cresson next weekend, but it looks like holding on to my Honda was a good idea, I'll be running it until I can get the EBR fully kitted, tuned and ready.
    Last edited by kneepucker; 08-13-2015 at 05:20 PM.
    #811 CMRA
    2014 EBR 1190RX #302

EBRforum Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Belfer View Post
    This hits the nail on the head. Although some aspects of operations are still in place, some have to be started from scratch. We are finding all the shortcuts and getting the obstacles out of the way. Proud of the team. Sit tight.

Bruce
    Thanks for the response. It's good to have an idea of what's going on behind the scenes; it makes the waiting just a little easier. I'm not surprised your team is on top of it.

EBRforum Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by kneepucker View Post
    I was really hoping to track/race my EBR for this upcoming CMRA event at Cresson next weekend, but it looks like holding on to my Honda was a good idea, I'll be running it until I can get the EBR fully kitted, tuned and ready.
    ill be there, probably paddock near Hirsch. come say hi.

i can probably help you get the ebr into race trim.

EBRforum ProvNov
    For my part, I have a bunch of parts that are wear items for the RX/SX. The RS parts are a little bit harder to come by, but not racing so unless I am stupid or something unforseen happens, won't need any for the time being. Short of a catastrophic failure, I don't much care about the warranty. If it is simple, I can fix it. If it is complex, I know a guy. I just want to see the company up and running again and figure I can absorb some problems to help keep it in the black.

Looking forward to the long run.

Let's hear from Bruce on the warranties... Quite a few people would like to know... Any insight?

Quote Originally Posted by Doosh View Post
    ill be there, probably paddock near Hirsch. come say hi.

i can probably help you get the ebr into race trim.

I'll come find you.....unless the high temps are still 100+, then I'll wait till the next round. I'm a "just for fun" racer, not chasing points, and dont ride much through July/August.
    #811 CMRA
    2014 EBR 1190RX #302

EBRforum Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by kneepucker View Post
    I'm a "just for fun" racer, not chasing points, and dont ride much through July/August.
    That would be all of us. Cresson is best in the heat, IMHO.