Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: When will EBR be fully operational? Questions to the Owner.

When will EBR be fully operational? Questions to the Owner.

Just a thread to discuss when and what will be fully operational first.

I guess the biggest questions reside around the warranties... When will the dealers be notified that warranties are good again?

When will the website work again... etc etc...

Post what you want to get running again, or questions to the new owner, and maybe he can let us get an insight into how things are going and what the priorities are...

EBRforum Newb
    Well I guess EBR first will have to take time to get the staff back, and for thous who already have got a new job, find someone who can replace them.
    2. Get back in contact with the dealers. Find out who will sell and take service on the bikes, including warranty question.
    3. Get dealers needed stuff, bikes, parts, and so on.
    4. Get the website up, the website will not only show customers that EBR is back, it will also be a good stage to inform public.
    5. Taking time to inform public where we all stand, what the plan is for the future.
    6. Rock & Roll

EBRforum Expert
    A big question has been raised on Badweb about this. Receivership seems to mean that the company we call EBR no longer exists; Belfer is starting a new company. If so, there may be a lot of legal hurdles to be jumped through (business licenses, EPA certifications, etc.) before ANY motorcycles can be sold. Hopefully there is a way to shortcut any such requirements; apparently there are 100 complete motorcycles sitting in the factory and parts to build another 250. They're the same motorcycles that were legal to sell ~4 months ago. Possibly this just means a lot of formal notification letters have to be sent out and then production can resume. Fingers crossed.

Do you think they could get the website back up and start doing warranty and parts services?

I know for many people and dealerships, the faster the warranties and parts are back online, as well as the service department in general, could go a long way to restoring the faith.

EBRforum Novice
    I just want parts. I bought knowing there's no warranty. I'm not sure I'd want a dealer working on my bike anyway. You should have seen how it was set up when I pushed it on the trailer -- just dumb stuff. The chain was tight as a nun.

Quote Originally Posted by Doosh View Post
    I just want parts. I bought knowing there's no warranty. I'm not sure I'd want a dealer working on my bike anyway. You should have seen how it was set up when I pushed it on the trailer -- just dumb stuff. The chain was tight as a nun.

#811 CMRA
    2014 EBR 1190RX #302

EBRforum Junkie
    Parts ARE available..! I've bought a bunch myself.
    Warranties are a different story.
    I need a front rotor and left side upper body panel myself.

Mike

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughlysses View Post
    A big question has been raised on Badweb about this. Receivership seems to mean that the company we call EBR no longer exists; Belfer is starting a new company. If so, there may be a lot of legal hurdles to be jumped through (business licenses, EPA certifications, etc.) before ANY motorcycles can be sold. Hopefully there is a way to shortcut any such requirements; apparently there are 100 complete motorcycles sitting in the factory and parts to build another 250. They're the same motorcycles that were legal to sell ~4 months ago. Possibly this just means a lot of formal notification letters have to be sent out and then production can resume. Fingers crossed.
    This hits the nail on the head. Although some aspects of operations are still in place, some have to be started from scratch. We are finding all the shortcuts and getting the obstacles out of the way. Proud of the team. Sit tight.

Bruce

EBRforum ProvNov
    I am sure that EBR was purchased at auction free and clear of all debts and liabilities ... this includes warranties. The only way warranty's will be honored if its done as a good will gesture by the new owner.
    Last edited by dmhines; 08-12-2015 at 07:34 PM.

I would imagine the first step is to 'get the band back together', and that's going to take some time since people have probably made other commitments and will need to give notice, move back to the area etc. Then once they can determine who they have, they'll have to fill in the holes and that will take even longer.

Once they've got at least a partial team they can start making calls to suppliers and dealers and attempt to get as many of them back on board as possible. And they'll have to find replacements for those that aren't on board. If permits, certifications do need to be re-applied for, that could be a lengthy process.

. . . so I think we all have to be patient and take some comfort that things are happening (even though we probably won't see all the behind-the-scenes activities). And we should feel confident at this point that the answer to the biggest, most pressing question: "Will I be able to get parts?" Should certainly be 'yes'.