Thread: What "Make" was put on your 1190 Title?

What "Make" was put on your 1190 Title?

A quick poll for you owners - what motorcycle "make" ended up on your title? "EBR", "Erik Buell Racing, LLC"; something else? Does anyone have "Erik" listed for the Make?

EBRforum ProvNov
    Buell for some reason. The model, l have no clue what its talking about. Tennesse is retarded when it comes to my buells and my EBR.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Does anyone have "Erik" listed for the Make?

I do.

It was a weird series of events. When I bought my 1190RX, I received the MSO and had to title it myself. I took the MSO into my local NC DMV licensing/titling location the next business day to title and register it. When they asked the make I said EBR. They couldn't find it. So they asked what EBR stands for. I replied Erik Buell Racing. They did a bunch of other searching - even to the point of making phone calls. Since NC uses the first four characters and the woman at the DMV opted for Erik Buell Racing being the proper manufacturer name, my 1190RX is titled as an 'Erik'. And yes, I made sure that it was with a K!

I don't know if I must have been the first to register an EBR in NC, or if someone had registered a prior model 'Erik Buell Racing' bike previously (as an Erik) and they were trying to ensure that an 'EBR' bike and an 'Erik Buell Racing' bike were truly the same thing or what. All I know is that my 1190RX is titled as an Erik.

EBRforum Novice
    That's just strange.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Mine's listed as "ERIKB".

EBRforum ProvNov
    EBRR. Initially the RS was titled as a 2012 Buell, but they gave me a replacement title with the corrected manufacturer code.

EBRforum Newb
    "EBR" handled by the selling dealership here in IL

DAve

We are so misunderstood, lol