Thread: making an EBR RX/SX convertible...

EBRforum Junkie

making an EBR RX/SX convertible...

I am getting EBR but have plans to make it "convertible" staying with a SX theme for most daily riding, but having the RX bars/trippletrees, nose and windscreen for track time. The reason being is the difference between the commuter road riding position of the SX versus the leaned down toward the bars race style of the RX, and because the SX powerplant looks like it will stay cooler than with all that RX fairing covering up the exhaust system too.

Anyway, I took a good look at the two different bikes, sat of both, and figured that an RX fairing assebly and triple tree/bars could be added to the SX easily enough, but it may be cheaper and easier to go with the RX model and stripping that stuff off and adding SX bars and headlight assembly. What do you guys think? How many parts up front are interchangeable?

EBRforum ProvNov
    That would be pretty cool .. but what about throttle cable, brake and clutch lines, etc ... they all same length ???

EBRforum Junkie
    I don't know for sure. They looked interchangeable with each other, like they were the same controls.