Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: EBR, "Muffler Delete" ECM

EBRforum Junkie
    Well...I have found two bad things about this ECM.

1. I'll be going thru rear tires much faster.
    2. I'll be going thru front brakes and tires much faster. Hard on the gas in 5pm traffic requires much more, hard front brake use..!

Mike

EBRforum ProvNov
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Well...I have found two bad things about this ECM.

1. I'll be going thru rear tires much faster.
    2. I'll be going thru front brakes and tires much faster. Hard on the gas in 5pm traffic requires much more, hard front brake use..!

Mike
    1st world problems right there!

EBRforum Junkie
    It is a small, nearly flush mounted unit on the side of the case with one small wire attached. The left side of the bike I think, and by the back jug/gear box area. They had two bikes with two different leaks it appeared.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Quote Originally Posted by buell-fan View Post
    It is a small, nearly flush mounted unit on the side of the case with one small wire attached. The left side of the bike I think, and by the back jug/gear box area. They had two bikes with two different leaks it appeared.
    I'm guessing you're talking about the stator plug/wiring coming from the stator cover area.
    It was sealed with a loctite blue RTV sealant.
    Don't think it's terrible common for them to leak either.

EBR Muffler Delete

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I actually bought the adjustable ECM from the guys at "idspd", but I had them install the EBR Muffler Delete maps. I wanted to see how well this mapping worked before I start messing with it..!

While I only put a few miles on it this morning, and while it's still not perfect, it is MUCH better than the stock mapping.
    The low speed driveability is much improved, the low and mid acceleration is much improved. Medium acceleration from low rpm' and mid rpms to about 6000rpm is smother and cleaner than the original mapping. Driving at 5000 and 6000 in first and second is very clean and smooth. I'll find out about the full throttle acceleration on Monday morning..!

Overall horsepower...I really don't care. I'm not drag racing, nor am I gonna dyno tune it to death, it's a daily driver that needs to properly work from low rpm's to higher rpm's, split lanes well, go slow well, etc., etc.
    Some canyon work will come in a few weeks...

This is just to say, if you are on the proverbial fence about buying this $300 ECM, it's well worth the money.

http://idspd.com/xcart/

Mike
    Mike, thanks for the review on the Muff delete ECM, I have one coming from a board member tracker, anxious to plug it in !

EBRforum Junkie
    I read somewhere that the lithium ion batteries need to warm to supply top output. When my bike was delivered it was quite cold. The truck driver wanted to wait to make sure that the bike started before he left because the last one he delivered took forever to start. Well I tried it a couple of times & it was a no go. I told him that I needed to leave the key on for awhile to warm up the battery. He said no way it will run it down. So I left it on & walked away. Came back & cranked it & it sounded better. Second time it started to pop & he looked astonished at me & yelled "It's going to start." I smiled & cranked it one more time & it ran! He said "Damn, you learn something every day!" He said he would remember that.
    The battery appears to warm up to max charge then of course if you leave on to long it goes down the other side.