Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EBR, "Muffler Delete" ECM

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    EBRforum Junkie

EBR, "Muffler Delete" ECM

I actually bought the adjustable ECM from the guys at "idspd", but I had them install the EBR Muffler Delete maps. I wanted to see how well this mapping worked before I start messing with it..!

While I only put a few miles on it this morning, and while it's still not perfect, it is MUCH better than the stock mapping.
    The low speed driveability is much improved, the low and mid acceleration is much improved. Medium acceleration from low rpm' and mid rpms to about 6000rpm is smother and cleaner than the original mapping. Driving at 5000 and 6000 in first and second is very clean and smooth. I'll find out about the full throttle acceleration on Monday morning..!

Overall horsepower...I really don't care. I'm not drag racing, nor am I gonna dyno tune it to death, it's a daily driver that needs to properly work from low rpm's to higher rpm's, split lanes well, go slow well, etc., etc.
    Some canyon work will come in a few weeks...

This is just to say, if you are on the proverbial fence about buying this $300 ECM, it's well worth the money.

http://idspd.com/xcart/

Mike

Mike,

Thanks for the information about this ECM. I just reached out to them trying to figure out what options they have for the Dean Adams exhaust. It wasn't even an hour later Andrew replied and I am now waiting to hear more from Tim tomorrow. Great guys, great customer support.

Are you planning on adjusting anything with yours, or are you good? If so, I will pull the trigger... How did the exhaust look on your bike?

EBRforum Junkie
    I wasn't going to say anything till tonight when I "finished" my daily trek to work and back...as you can see...

After a short 30mph drive thru town and a 70 to 85mph drive to work...

Any of you with the EBR 1190 powered bike that has not...bought one of these (Muffler Delete) ECM's..."NEEDS" to. You are doing the engine and yourself a diservice if you do not. Everything about the way the engine runs is different. From my 30mph (bout 1 mile) drive thru town, to 40 and 60 to 80mph roll-ons...to lifting the front wheel getting on the freeway at about 90mph...yea, the handlebars went limp at about 90 in first gear. Never happened before.

"MORE" than worth the $300 and the ten minutes to hook it up and remove the outer muffler. No other work needed.

Plotter -
    Don't know yet, but knowing me, yea, I'll probably mess with it a bit, but as of this morning, not as much as I tought.
    "How did the exhaust look...?"
    What do you mean ? As of now I have no tips in place. I have a couple of ideas I'm thinking of.
    Or do you mean the color..? Saturdays cruise wasn't long enough to put any new color in the pipes.

The sound without the second muffler is nice. Deeper tone, throaty sound without being too loud (??) for my neighbors at 4:30 in the morning.

Mike

EBRforum Novice
    Great info! Thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I wasn't going to say anything till tonight when I "finished" my daily trek to work and back...as you can see...

After a short 30mph drive thru town and a 70 to 85mph drive to work...

Any of you with the EBR 1190 powered bike that has not...bought one of these (Muffler Delete) ECM's..."NEEDS" to. You are doing the engine and yourself a diservice if you do not. Everything about the way the engine runs is different. From my 30mph (bout 1 mile) drive thru town, to 40 and 60 to 80mph roll-ons...to lifting the front wheel getting on the freeway at about 90mph...yea, the handlebars went limp at about 90 in first gear. Never happened before.

"MORE" than worth the $300 and the ten minutes to hook it up and remove the outer muffler. No other work needed.

Plotter -
    Don't know yet, but knowing me, yea, I'll probably mess with it a bit, but as of this morning, not as much as I tought.
    "How did the exhaust look...?"
    What do you mean ? As of now I have no tips in place. I have a couple of ideas I'm thinking of.
    Or do you mean the color..? Saturdays cruise wasn't long enough to put any new color in the pipes.

The sound without the second muffler is nice. Deeper tone, throaty sound without being too loud (??) for my neighbors at 4:30 in the morning.

Mike
    Mike,

I was under the impression that you purchased and installed a Dean Adams exhaust. It sounds like you just pulled the secondary off and are going without the tips.

EBRforum Junkie
    Correct.

I have a Barker exh. on my 1125CR. It's "WAY"...too loud for me to be starting at 4:30 in the morning without getting shot..! I assume Deans exhaust is simillar..!

Mike

Correct.

I have a Barker exh. on my 1125CR. It's "WAY"...too loud for me to be starting at 4:30 in the morning without getting shot..! I assume Deans exhaust is simillar..!

Mike
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1fopn8K73E

I would have to agree, but now that I've heard it, I gotta have it

Based upon the tip, I think this might be the 1190RS though...

Dean, please confirm the video contents.

EBRforum Novice
    This is just to say, if you are on the proverbial fence about buying this $300 ECM, it's well worth the money.

http://idspd.com/xcart/

Mike
    Their website is showing the adjustable version to cost $630?

Quote Originally Posted by bthibodeaux View Post
    Their website is showing the adjustable version to cost $630?
    Mike is referencing the 300 dollar version for secondary delete.

Mike purchased the 630 fully adjustable version, but had them load the maps for the secondary delete and tried it out.

EBRforum Junkie
    The video above is on my 1190 RX. Outlet is the same on both the RS, RX and SX. I'm not offering any options for the outlet on it. Straight cut outlets only on them.

I did build a long tube version of the RX exhaust, it's not quite as loud as the short version.