Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fault code P0087

EBRforum Newb

Fault code P0087

I picked up a new 2014 a week ago from a dealer and finally was able to take her out do to rain. I stopped to take some pics about 40 miles out. After a few minutes I started it up and headed home. Not 20 feet it shuts off and fault code P0087 pops up fuel pressure system fault and I can't get it restarted. After pushing it for about ten minutes I tried to start it again and it fired up so I headed home. About ten miles from home it crapped out again same code but will not start again. I filled it up with gas still won't start. For some reason I checked the oil and when I unscrewed the cap oil bubbled out. It was way over filled. I bought it new from dealer with 2 miles on it. Could the oil level effect the fuel pressure system?

Was the bike new and stock? I noticed you were looking for a primary muffler in another thread.

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by NorCalEBR View Post
    I picked up a new 2014 a week ago from a dealer and finally was able to take her out do to rain. I stopped to take some pics about 40 miles out. After a few minutes I started it up and headed home. Not 20 feet it shuts off and fault code P0087 pops up fuel pressure system fault and I can't get it restarted. After pushing it for about ten minutes I tried to start it again and it fired up so I headed home. About ten miles from home it crapped out again same code but will not start again. I filled it up with gas still won't start. For some reason I checked the oil and when I unscrewed the cap oil bubbled out. It was way over filled. I bought it new from dealer with 2 miles on it. Could the oil level effect the fuel pressure system?
    Check the pins inside the harness coming from the fuel pump (harness/plug is next to the + positive terminal of the battery beneath all those wires). Some of the fuel pumps had this issue and it causes the symptoms you've stated. Also, does the fuel pump come on? What does the Live data say for fuel pressure, what is the KPA reading?

Sent you a PM too
    Last edited by bigdexxx; 02-17-2017 at 10:58 PM.

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by 1190SX View Post
    Was the bike new and stock? I noticed you were looking for a primary muffler in another thread.
    Yes completely stock. I want a cat to use for a exhaust idea I have.

EBRforum Junkie
    It's likely a smashed pin on the fuel pump. I just found this one out the other night.

3rd pin over from the left.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	download_20170218_073600.jpg 
Views:	996 
Size:	799.9 KB 
ID:	1376

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by d_adams View Post
    It's likely a smashed pin on the fuel pump. I just found this one out the other night.

3rd pin over from the left.
    That's the exact same issue I had with mine.

EBRforum Novice
    Can you point out which connector that is and where its located on the bike. with the winter still here, now is a good time to take a look at this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SX_Bueller View Post
    Can you point out which connector that is and where its located on the bike. with the winter still here, now is a good time to take a look at this.

Thanks
    Should be under the seat by the ECM

EBRforum Newb
    Third pin is collapsed. The connector is next to the battery on the left hand side.

EBRforum Newb
    Thanks a million!! Fixed that and #22 fired right up! I appreciate everyone's help!