Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Loss of Communication on Display

EBRforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by GJB View Post
    I have figured out the problem for my loss of communication on the display. It started out as being intermittent and turned into never displaying info. The fault also prevented me from being able to change TC. While troubleshooting I found if I pushed the connector very hard into the socket it would work, as soon as pressure was relieved it stopped. I investigated more thinking that the pin engagement was inadequate, but that was not it. I removed the back of the case and plugged in the connector with nothing to stop it from engaging. Same situation. Seems like the issue is in the male socket mounted to the board. I dont exactly know what to do about it. I could make a fixture that always applies pressure to the plug, but that seems a little crude......
    It sounds like there is a bad connection on the board that needs to be re-soldered. An old school computer repair business may be able to fix that easily enough. Or, when you take it apart further you may find that the pin connector is mated to a ribbon strip that is loose and only needs plugged back onto the board.

Today I have the same thing happened. Initially, the bike stalled at idle, I went out all electrical equipment. I tried to run it, and on the dashboard there is an inscription ''Communication error". After a few seconds the inscription disappeared. Tachometer, speedometer and actual gear are displayed normally.
    About an hour later I was again stalled idling, and come again, and after a while lost inscription ''Communication error". I looked in the memory error and current error - they are not.
    Air temperature here is +4...+5 degrees Celsius. I do not know whether these things together - communication error and attempts to stall the bike at idle.

I want to check the ground terminal. Where is it located?
    EBR 1190 RX

EBRforum Newb
    Happened to me today, Loss of communication intermittenly in the bottom right. i was wondering why my TC kept on resetting, now i have my answer.

I did not reset, just for a while, appears in the bottom right twice, and then she disappeared.
    EBR 1190 RX

EBRforum ProvNov
    Add me as a member of this club. No Communication has gone from intermittent to constant. If I push gently anywhere on the front bezel while the display is still mounted to the bike, Comm is restored while I am pushing. When I lift my finger it goes back to No Comm. If I reach behind and give the plug a good push inwards toward the display, Comm is restored for a few minutes until the vibration of the bike loosens back up. Bummer. One I get the patience to take her out of service for a couple days, I'll pull the display apart and look for some bad solder joints to repair. and any other improvements I might be able to make.....
    ugh.

I think, that this inscription appears at power failure or insufficient power on the dash. In my case it is drop the amperage of battery when starting the engine.
    Yesterday, when the engine is started again, there was this inscription, the motorcycle was in the garage overnight at a temperature of about +4...+5 Celsius. A week ago I examined the connector dashboard and found nothing unusual.
    EBR 1190 RX

EBRforum Newb
    Has anybody found somebody willing to repair the dashboards? I emailed the manufacturer and was told they can't. Call a dealer or EBR. I work for an EBR dealer, MCC in Villa Park,IL. I haven't been able to find a replacement at Parts Unlimited

i bump this thread up because it has done it to me tonight, first time, i went in the garage turn ignition on and error was there...few seconds and it went away...didn't do it this afternoon though when i was fiddling with the bike, fitting new parts.... maybe a clue like Zviadi says, it was cold tonight +4...will go for a ride tomorrow and see if it comes again...are you guys still getting the error? have you fixed it?

cheers

Marco

I don't ride this year - is snowing...
    Last time ride on my bike November 3 - errors on the dash was not. The air temperature was cold.
    I don't know the reason... I will not do anything, the only dealer in my country is far away 700 km, the error on the dash will not affect the speed.
    Look at the main cable to the left under the seat - perhaps the inner side of the seat rubs against it and some of the cables could grind.
    Last edited by zviadi; 11-23-2015 at 01:35 AM.
    EBR 1190 RX

EBRforum ProvNov
    I spoke to a EBR mechanic this weekend. He told me the dash errors was a frequent problem. They would send them back for repair and then they would work OK. It would be nice to know what they did.