Any new and improved options for correcting the Comm Error? I got my first one a few days back, 2014 SX #168, 2000 miles. Bike ran fine to the coffee shop and then died on restart about 45 minutes later. Followed by four or five start attempts with no fire. Dash flashed the Comm error and Said Low Fuel pressure once. About the sixth start attempt, it fired up and I headed strait for home, idle was a little rough so I kept the RPM's up at intersections but it died once anyway but restarted fine. With my house in sight, I was able to run it up to near full power for a gear or two to see if WOT was affected, seemed pretty good. Coincidentally all this on it's first ride out with a new APH dual exit exhaust and matching IDS 44-tooth ECM. I hate it when an issue surfaces just after a parts swap, so I know that swapping back to the factory ECM to see if the issue continues is next in the troubleshooting list of things to do. Dash and original ECM were shipped out to LAP/EBR for the Dash update earlier and ran a few tanks since then. I pulled the dash out for inspection for cold/stressed solder joints and to Pott all the connectors as suggested in previous posts. Upon disassembly, I see that mine has already been Potted at all the suggested places so can't (without razor knifing the Potting material) pull the circuit board up/off to inspect for cracked circuit traces and the like. Email has been sent off to EBR for the official $$$ repair option..
My apologies for this post being in two threads, the first one looked appropriate but I saw this one and felt it was more specific
mike