Quote Originally Posted by GJB View Post
I have figured out the problem for my loss of communication on the display. It started out as being intermittent and turned into never displaying info. The fault also prevented me from being able to change TC. While troubleshooting I found if I pushed the connector very hard into the socket it would work, as soon as pressure was relieved it stopped. I investigated more thinking that the pin engagement was inadequate, but that was not it. I removed the back of the case and plugged in the connector with nothing to stop it from engaging. Same situation. Seems like the issue is in the male socket mounted to the board. I dont exactly know what to do about it. I could make a fixture that always applies pressure to the plug, but that seems a little crude......
It sounds like there is a bad connection on the board that needs to be re-soldered. An old school computer repair business may be able to fix that easily enough. Or, when you take it apart further you may find that the pin connector is mated to a ribbon strip that is loose and only needs plugged back onto the board.