Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Loss of Communication on Display

EBRforum Newb

Loss of Communication on Display

I have a black EBR 1190RX that has been giving me a loss of communication on the display. When this happens my display does not show my speed, RPMS, miles, nothing. The display is on and the main display image is shown however no information from the engine.

Any thoughts?

I will try to get a picture of it tonight when I get home.

How consistently does this happen?

One harmless test you can do is to fully unplug and then re-seat the console connector. You might have to remove the windscreen to gain access.

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by ReadyXB View Post
    How consistently does this happen?

One harmless test you can do is to fully unplug and then re-seat the console connector. You might have to remove the windscreen to gain access.

This happens a lot. When idle, when riding, when ever its on. I don't lose power but could not tell you if TC is working.

I plan to attempt that tonight and see how it goes. (Remove windscreen and check connectors)

EBRforum Newb
    Here is a picture of what it says.. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11751078_493590600803434_1884352247_n.jpg 
Views:	330 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	462

Hmm... I would definitely try to re-seat the connector and rule that out. I don't have a service manual, so I'm not sure if there is a certain single cause. Given that you've had front O2 sensor code also, there could be an ECM issue or poor connection at the ECM. The ECM is easy to access under the seat - again, unplugging and re-seating the two connections there (after removing the negative battery cable) is an easy test.

Given that this is the first model year, it's not unheard of to have firmware issues also.

EBRforum Newb
    ReadyXB, Thanks for the information to attempt. I did remove the connectors from the display and I will remove the and check the connectors under the seat tonight. Will update.

EBRforum ProvNov
    I have the exact same problem. Dash vary rarely displays info. Am interested to know if others have overcome this issue.

EBRforum Newb
    I am trying to find a new display unit. It looks like the issue is from there. Moving the wires does not resolve the issue but if I hold the display the right way it clears the fault and shows data.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Definitely an instrument cluster problem if you are intermittently seeing a loss of data.

EBRforum Newb
    snacktoast, that is what I am thinking. Anyone want to pull one off of their EBR1190RX and loan to me? I will ship it back and pay shipping both ways. I will even put down a deposit. I am not near any dealers that can help me with this.