Thread: EBR Developing 250cc Sport Bike for HERO

EBRforum Expert

EBR Developing 250cc Sport Bike for HERO

Cool!!

I love small, light bikes, but 250 is probably a little too small for me. I'd love to take it out for a spin but probably wouldn't buy something like that unless I had enough money for a garage full of bikes.

I suspect at some point Hero and EBR will 'meet in the middle'. Hero needs a bigger bike to break into the US market and EBR needs a middleweight to broaden their appeal. I'd love to know what engines are being developed for the bikes both companies will offer beyond this. Assuming this is a 250 cc parallel twin, I wonder if there's also a four cylinder version bored out a bit to 600 cc undergoing bench testing. Or a 400 cc triple would fill an interesting niche.

Actually I just remembered that Moto 3 will be using single cylinder 250 cc engines (if memory serves). I wonder if this is being designed with an eye toward Moto 3? That could be interesting.

EBRforum Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Actually I just remembered that Moto 3 will be using single cylinder 250 cc engines (if memory serves). I wonder if this is being designed with an eye toward Moto 3? That could be interesting.
    Now THAT is an interesting thought!