Thread: South Texas EBRs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

South Texas EBRs

Anybody in interested in a ride at the end of July? I'm in Corpus, but the good riding starts in San Antonio, and the hill country...

I started a group on the forum. Buells and EBRs welcome. I actually good for anybody not wanting to do tricks (not really my thing) and just do some good riding on nice twisty roads.

Im near Austin, but only do trackdays and races. You should get out to MSR Houston during a CMRA weekend, there's actually one coming up soon, you might meet some other Buell riders out there too. I wont be there, but you should also consider saving up for a COTA trackday with Ridesmart - its worth the coin, and you dont need to be fast to ride in group 1.
    #811 CMRA
    2014 EBR 1190RX #302

I'll check it out. I've never done a track day. They don't really have a track when I was stationed in Hawaii. Once the bike is received I will have to get my legs under me again... Been a little bit since I rode a sports bike.

I checked into it... I'll be going to this soon... I have a few bits and pieces I have to take care of before I can actually sign up, but plan on doing it by next year.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Hey you Texicans -
    Come to the Texas Mile next month, if it's anything like the Colorado Mile I just did, it'll be a real hoot!

I'm a Texas native, born and raised on the Gulf Coast but found the mountains up here in Colorado impossible to leave.
    Mountain roads in the mid-week are empty and super-twisty. Cops and tourists kill the week-ends.

Pretty sure I'm too old for road-racing but I can hang on to WFO for a minute or two. heheheheh

I'm running my 2012 1190RS Carbon and hopefully I'll be bringing a 1991 RS1200 for my "pit-bike".
    Bring your Buell/EBR by for some good BSing and some ice-water. Maybe even a Lone Star or Shiner.

Zack

EBRforum Newb
    Hey Plotter I'm pretty close to you! How's the bike running? I'd love to check it out.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapo View Post
    Hey Plotter I'm pretty close to you! How's the bike running? I'd love to check it out.
    Sapo, Plotter isn't on the forum any longer as he crashed his bike some time ago (I believe Dean Adams ended up with the bike), but I have my EBR in Corpus Christi, TX and ride locally as well as up in the hill country. Let me know where you're located.

EBRforum Newb
    Oh no, I'm sorry I had no idea. Hopefully he is in good health and it wasn't too bad Glad to hear that Dean was able to keep it. I'm in SA and drove down to AC Motorsports in Rockport to pick up the bike. Its a great little shop. JC and his fam took real good care of me. We should definitely get some peeps together for some hill country riding!