Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Clutch discs

EBRforum Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by zviadi View Post
    I didn't troll and don't understand your sarcasm. I also don't understand your aggressive reaction to my questions.
    I wrote on the last page, why am I interested the length of the clutch spring.
    I thought you are interested in my experience to replace the clutch 1190 and whether it will Barnett kit. If not - then I'm sorry, I didn't write.
    If you do not like my personality - you can always complain forum moderator.

I was two years RSV1000R. I don't want to talk me about it springs length - I have repeatedly changed her clutch and i have service-manual from this bike. I have the service manual of 1125, and there contains a completely different length of the clutch spring.
    I can read, I can compare the two numbers and I don't need to incorrect information from you.
    No worries. Your intentions are understood to be very good by everyone else here. We appreciate your efforts in helping to solve issues with our bikes.

Doosh was just being a Douche with his last post. I am not sure how that translates in Russian, but douche is a derogatory term in American English.

Best of luck, ride safe and hope to possibly meet you some day when my wife and I are in St. Petersburg.

Cheers,
    Brian

Doosh just do not understand - what it means to be sole owner of EBR in Russia. It’s my everyday bike. I like him and I want ride it. I don't want him standing in the corner of my garage with a worn out clutch. Here moto season is too short...

Who me ask advice? The owners of jap, italian or german bikes? They still think that Buell used Harley engines.
    Well, I still don’t know much English, I have to use a google translator. Probably I incorrectly translated his question. Translator can’t properly convey the tone of my question.

Quote Originally Posted by bthibodeaux View Post
    Best of luck, ride safe and hope to possibly meet you some day when my wife and I are in St. Petersburg.
    Welcome, Brian!

Quote Originally Posted by buell-fan View Post
    The yellow painted clutch springs, (original heavy springs) are 57mm long at rest.
    Good news. Thanks.
    Last edited by zviadi; 09-26-2015 at 01:21 AM.
    EBR 1190 RX

So you say that a aprilia clutch won't fint and this guy is lying to me. https://m.facebook.com/ErikBuellRaci...pe=3&source=42
    What ever. Just trying to help.

Then tell me - why Barnett produces clutch kits with different part numbers from the Aprilias Rotax and Buell 1125?
    Last edited by zviadi; 09-26-2015 at 01:10 AM.
    EBR 1190 RX

because it's not the same clutch. But the whole aprilia slipper clutch also fits our ebr's. And that I know for a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by DkRider View Post
    because it's not the same clutch
    Funny... Why argue with me when it comes to different things? Even you accuse me of trolling...
    On STOCK 1190 no slipper clutch. I do not need slipper clutch, I'm not a racer.

As for the different part numbers Barnett - I am absolutely sure, that the case in the length of the springs. And service manuals on these bikes available different lengths of the springs. I believe the manual - this is an official document.

I propose to wait until I come Barnett kit and I measure the length of the springs Barnett-kit springs and EBR springs.

PS: Rene Prang riding hard. Convey greetings and wish him luck in the races.
    Last edited by zviadi; 09-26-2015 at 11:44 PM.
    EBR 1190 RX

Today changed clutch discs at Barnett from 1125.
    Measure free length of the springs:
    - worn spring EBR1190 - 53 ... 55 mm (left)
    - barnett spring - 63 mm (right)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0863.jpg 
Views:	332 
Size:	394.3 KB 
ID:	644

My resume - Barnett kit from 1125 is identical to 1190.
    Feels after installation Barnett kit - motorcycle a little sharper went with idle and small rpm. Efforts on the clutch lever identical to the stock clutch 1190. Slave cylinder on my motorcycle too stock (no Oberon etc).

In the process of replacing the clutch found, that the old spring nibbled clutch drum:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0864.jpg 
Views:	358 
Size:	493.5 KB 
ID:	645

I have never encountered such. We'll have to change the basket and drum.
    Are they from the 1125 and where to buy?
    Last edited by zviadi; 10-14-2015 at 03:17 PM.
    EBR 1190 RX

EBRforum Junkie
    Hopefully soon they will be available through the new EBR, so you will have a new clutch to install over winter there and come spring time your bike will be like new. How is the oil issues coming along?

Are the Barnett friction disk pads the same size as EBR, or slightly bigger for more friction area?
    Last edited by buell-fan; 10-14-2015 at 09:01 PM.

According to the thickness of the friction discs I can not say anything - not measured.
    By type of Barnett thicker than stock, but stock was already worn out.
    Steel plates are the same.

Question about oil has not understood.
    EBR 1190 RX

After installation Barnett kit was difficult to find neutral.
    Who else are the symptoms and what to do?
    EBR 1190 RX