Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Race ECM

EBRforum Newb
    d_adams,

Any chance a pre-programmed ecm from IDS for your system any time soon?

EBRforum Junkie
    Got mine in the mail last night.
    Hope to get in hooked up this weekend.

Mike

EBRforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandarblade View Post
    d_adams,

Any chance a pre-programmed ecm from IDS for your system any time soon?

I'm developing my own tune for it (or will be soon anyway) since they didn't have a lot of time to develop a calibration for it. They did note it needed about 15% more fuel than the hmf, which stands to reason, the pipe is shorter and larger diameter. I'll be doing the wideband setup hopefully this weekend if possible. I have a lot to get done in a short amount of time, several guys want their exhaust systems prior to either Sturgis or something over in Indy.

EBRforum Newb
    I'm excited to see it, I have one order in too. It sounds great on the videos, I had an SV1000s running a 2to1 yosh sytem that sounds similar. I've always run power commanders, but i guess the ecu has a closed loop that it can't manipulate, so I didn't know if there was a better alternative. Has anyone ever run a power commander auto tuner wide band? I see that they offer one for the 1190.

I'm ordering mine this weekend. Just going to have to wait a bit to actually install until I can get the ECU upgrade... Running out of money... I'd also like to buy the 300 dollar upgrade setup for Deans exhaust than have to buy a fully tunable one... I'm a plug and play kind of guy...

EBRforum Junkie
    They'll probably offer the $300 ecm for mine once I get it dialed in. I have the programmable ecm and wideband O2 setup here, just need to get it installed and start messing with the software.

Quote Originally Posted by d_adams View Post
    They'll probably offer the $300 ecm for mine once I get it dialed in. I have the programmable ecm and wideband O2 setup here, just need to get it installed and start messing with the software.
    Can't wait... I will go ahead and get the exhaust, and then as soon as you get it dialed in with them, I will purchase that as well... It will suck to see the exhaust just sitting there, but I can be patient.

EBRforum Newb
    Awesome, that's good news. I believe I will do the same, it sounds like ids has a solid product.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandarblade View Post
    Awesome, that's good news. I believe I will do the same, it sounds like ids has a solid product.
    Solid product and Tim is a great person.

Just purchased the Dean Adams exhaust and send an email to IDSPD to find out if they are going to do the same thing with HMF for the Dean Adams and a request to pre-order if they are. Very excited about this purchase