Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Race ECM

EBRforum Newb
    Looking at purchasing dean's exhaust too. Question is why do u guys prefer the ecm from idspd over the power commander v. Specially since they already have a map for deans.

EBRforum Newb
    Just trying to understand the options before making a purchase.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimerookie View Post
    Looking at purchasing dean's exhaust too. Question is why do u guys prefer the ecm from idspd over the power commander v. Specially since they already have a map for deans.
    i got the PC5 instead of the adjustable ECU because I am a novice when it comes to custom mapping... I am uncomfortable performing it, and didn't want to buy the extra parts to do it myself... I was impatient waiting for Dean to finish his map, because I did not get a warm and fuzzy with IDSPD that they were interested in making a map for Deans exhaust... I also did not want to pay for a custom tune from a shop I am unfamiliar with...

however...

The ECU from IDSPD allows you to modify more variables and allows a more fine control. The PC5 does not adjust timing. both allow for quick shift...

Just my 2 cents... If IDSPD had a map for Deans exhaust, I would have gone that way... Alas... They do not...

hope that helps...

EBRforum Junkie
    I went PCV because it is the best available option at the moment. Dean and I are working with IDSPD to develop a map for his pipe. Once that is available, I will definitely be switching over to that.

EBRforum Junkie
    I hope they spend more time verifying the different cruise areas and light accleration from different rpm areas than the EBR "secondary muffler" mapping. I know it's a ton of work...but.
    Now that I have a few miles on "secondary muffler" ECM, overall, it's only slightly better than the original mapping. Better...but...

Mike