Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quickshifter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    EBRforum Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by Classax View Post
    That's a neat set up but the factory/Programable ECU allows you to use the stock side stand switch harness and is programmed cut time based on the current RPM, Vehicle Speed,Gear and throttle position with very little pop by way of unburned fuel. Not to mention you get no cuts when you try to go for that imaginary 7th gear (hey, the red mist can make it hard to see that gear indicator).

Quote Originally Posted by Betterbuell View Post
    My bad bro. Not trying to steal your thunder. Since ECU are are now available I thought folks might like to know if there were any prod and cons to the various options.

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Classax View Post
    (hey, the red mist can make it hard to see that gear indicator).
    Ok, I've got to ask; what is the "red mist"? I saw a track day video clip on youtube that had the dash within the view, and I swear it looked like the display was turning red at high rpm. The owners manual indicates that the rpm ribbon should change from blue to orange at 10,500 rpm, and red at 11,500 rpm, but mine just stays blue. Is this an issue with my dash, or is the owners manual wrong?

I thought the red mist was the adrenaline... lol

EBRforum ProvNov
    So an ignition cut QS (like dynojet) wired to the side stand works? Unfortunately my QS is for GP shift and I am still old school....

Red mist= is a toxic cocktail of adrenaline, ego, and competitive drive. Its the stuff that makes you forget the consequences and go for the "win" even though there may be nothing to actually win.

I run the GP shift parts from the RS on my RX. LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!

As for the dash, yea it changes colors but I hardly ever look at it anymore.

You can also cobble together a GP shift kit from Precision Engineering (1125r kit) and a Annitori 115mm shift rod with DynoJet pull switch. If you can't obtain the rs parts this is an option, I have done both my 1125r and 1190rx, using the EBR race ECM, works great.