Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quickshifter

EBRforum Novice

Quickshifter

Just mounted an Annitori QS Pro , The Ducati loom is compatible with the coil plugs and a std Ducati shift rod plus the strain gauge replaces the 1190rx unit . Had to lift the throttle bodies and airbox off to find the coil plugs. Ive used the Annitori on Ducatis and should work on the 1190 . Cheap alternative at around $Au400.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Good stuff! Post pics and part #s, Im ready for a quick shifter on my RX

EBRforum Newb
    Yes please post pics of how you did this please!

EBRforum Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by jj76933 View Post
    Yes please post pics of how you did this please!
    Not a lot to see, but I'll upload something soon. You need to take out throttle bodies and lift the airbox clear off the cylinder heads to find the sparkplug coil plugs. (The Annitori model for Ducati 1098 have the same plugs as the EBR) . Lifting out the throttle bodies isnt to hard just unplug some wires, undo the throttle cables, and a couple of fastening srews and your there. The coil plugs male-female are separated and the QS loom plugs into these m f plugs . Then a module I located in the battery area with a + and - terminals. One more cable goes down to the shift rod where the strain guage (50mm long) attaches to the shortened shift rod. Easy. Annitori QS Pro for Ducati 1098 , with measurements for a shortened rod by 50mm . Should be about 400 Aus$. Works push or pull. The guys are in the US and are really helpful . Ive run them on 3 other bikes (Ducatis).

EBRforum Newb
    I guess what I'm missing is how to attach the shift rod... Bear with me I'm somewhat ignorant in some cases.

EBRforum Novice
    I guess what I'm missing is how to attach the shift rod... Bear with me I'm somewhat ignorant in some cases.
    The strain guage module comes with a threaded rod , one screws into your shortened shift rod ( in this case I used a std Ducati 1098 rod) and the eyelet screws into the other .

EBRforum Novice
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0236.jpg 
Views:	385 
Size:	787.7 KB 
ID:	441Shows the module, strain guage and plug wire to the loom that connects into the spark plug coils,(not shown). Soon as the strain guage senses pressure it earths the power to the coils through the module for a very short time , which is programable

EBRforum Newb
    Ok I'm with you so far, I guess I need to look at the bike again as I didn't see a shift rod.

Can you send some more pictures with the parts installed? I really appreciate the help with this.

That's a neat set up but the factory/Programable ECU allows you to use the stock side stand switch harness and is programmed cut time based on the current RPM, Vehicle Speed,Gear and throttle position with very little pop by way of unburned fuel. Not to mention you get no cuts when you try to go for that imaginary 7th gear (hey, the red mist can make it hard to see that gear indicator).