Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: EBR Sale Scheduled

Quote Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
    Not easy to understand when the auction will start, and in this post the name Polaris did fall, also a question mark about Erik him self as a buyer.
    http://www.jsonline.com/business/wit...317329291.html
    Yeah, that article is dated yesterday, seems to be more in-depth than just about anything else we've seen and it still seems to indicate the auction will happen tomorrow.

I guess it's possible the interview might have happened prior to the change and/or the journalist may have been focusing on other things and just went with the previously announced date.

EBRforum Expert
    There are some very interesting details in that article about who EBR owes; you just KNOW they had some really cool stuff in the works.

I traded e-mails with my friend who'd previously received documents from the receiver with details of the sale. He says he hasn't received any notice of a date change as of Saturday. Maybe that info was in error.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
    Not easy to understand when the auction will start, and in this post the name Polaris did fall, also a question mark about Erik him self as a buyer.
    http://www.jsonline.com/business/wit...317329291.html
    The article also contains twelve photos of the manufacturing line! The fuel tank test is cool.

EBRforum Newb
    EBR on Facebook tells us that the auction will NOT come tomorrow
    https://www.facebook.com/ErikBuellRa...53045092317496

EBRforum Junkie
    Suspense is killing me. Makes sense though. How can they have the auction before all claims have to be in on the 22nd?

EBRforum ProvNov
    Any word on the sale?

EBRforum Expert
    I have seen it posted a couple of places that it will be "several weeks" before the sale occurs.

EBRforum Junkie

Time will tell of the "reliable source's" credibility... but wow!

Quote Originally Posted by noone1569 View Post

Well, IF this turns out to be true (and I think we should probably wait for something more official), I can't say I'd be surprised. I don't think Hero ever stopped wanting it, but I suspect Erik went into receivership with the hope he could find someone else and/or put more pressure on Hero for a better deal.

Again IF this turns out to be true, the delay in the auction may have really been Erik and Hero saying "let's work this out neat and clean and never let it go to auction". Erik will probably be back on board smiling and returning as the face of the company and they'll restart production and continue in a way that, superficially, may make it appear nothing has really changed, but I don't think I (and I suspect many people share this feeling) will ever be able to feel the same way about the company again.

Without Hero (presumably intentionally) holding back funding, they could even become a very successful sportbike brand, but . . . it just won't ever feel right.
    Last edited by Scott; 07-24-2015 at 01:21 PM.