Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: EBR Sale Scheduled

EBRforum Newb
    Personally I do not hope some rich person buy EBR, to have a hobby. The future for EBR will then "normally" be a small niche brand, and any expand will be just a dream.

About Polaris, well, perhaps they don't have any interest, but at the same time, if they do, they would not shouting it out ether, that would just rice the price.

And yes, I do hope the new owner would be an american comp, to continue have an american superbike, and not an Japanese owner just building that bike in the US, like GoldWing back in the days.

But you have a point, Ford and GM are 2 comp that could have interest, but I doubt that that is the fact, and also for EBR, I guess the future would be better with an known strong motorcycle manufacturer.

One thing is to buy EBR, another thing is to continue production, expand the company and making new products, that is a much more expensive part.

The question is who will buy, and just as important, what will the new owner do with EBR?

But if I try to think different, not at companies that "want" to buy EBR, but more at companies that "needs" to change they're own bikes, well what about MV Agusta (Daimler AG) or Aprilia (Piaggio), would with EBR get a more uptodate bike, a engine they could use in they're own bikes, and could continue using the brand EBR as a Superbike, but using same parts in they're own bikes without having to develop a new engine and other components. Just a thought
    And to be clear, I have not scratched the name Polaris from the list jet.
    Last edited by Bagger; 07-10-2015 at 01:02 AM.

EBRforum Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    It will be interesting to see where gamblers put their money over the coming weeks.

Will buyers be encouraged by EBR's apparent optimism and snap up bikes that are offered at fire sale prices?
    Will dealers take the chance on raising the price of their existing inventory?
    Will dealers drop the prices to encourage gambling buyers to make the jump?

Or will both dealers and buyers just sit tight, wait it out, and not risk anything one way or the other until things are more certain?
    Some may, but caution is likely the course of action.
    It appears to me they have. Most I've seen list spring sale pricing or full msrp anymore.
    I think the dealers who were going to drop prices already did so.

I'm sitting tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
    Personally I do not hope some rich person buy EBR, to have a hobby. The future for EBR will then "normally" be a small niche brand, and any expand will be just a dream.
    I think that depends on the individual. I use the word 'hobby' because I think a company like that would offer intangible rewards beyond, for example, buying a doorknob factory.

But I would anticipate the person buying it would want and expect the company to grow and expand and thrive as a world-class motorcycle manufacturer. I think that's what Erik Buell wants, but he didn't have the cash needed to get "over the hump". As long as whoever buys them has enough cash to keep them running for the next five years until real money is coming in from the 20,000 bikes per year they'll be selling at that point, I think there's no stopping EBR in the future.

EBRforum Novice
    How about a rich enthusiast? Jay Leno maybe?

I've heard that Jay Leno did look into it, but I would doubt that he would get into this business... He's a collector...

I am banking on either Hero or Polaris, but the reality is... whoever is buying, as long as they get production going again, and it stays in the US... I'm good...

EBRforum Expert
    Interview with Erik himself about the sale: http://www.powersportsbusiness.com/t...pany-for-sale/

So the July 21st date is postponed... I wonder when it is actually going to happen then... Thanks for posting the interview... I hadn't found this article yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Plotter View Post
    So the July 21st date is postponed... I wonder when it is actually going to happen then... Thanks for posting the interview... I hadn't found this article yet...
    Aaaaaaaaaahhhh I thought we'd at least know something this week. This is torture.

I have to wonder if the delay is exactly what they say it is - taking a little extra time to dot all the i's and cross all the t's - or are they concerned they don't have enough interest?

Or maybe they have someone who is nearly certain to be the one to get it and they want to make sure they have things organized so that new owner can make the announcement properly and have something to offer out of the gate.

All I know is from the article Hughlysses posted above... Check it out, it's worth the read..

EBRforum Newb
    Not easy to understand when the auction will start, and in this post the name Polaris did fall, also a question mark about Erik him self as a buyer.
    http://www.jsonline.com/business/wit...317329291.html