Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: EBR Sale Scheduled

EBRforum Expert
    Yea, I was kind of hoping the new owner would immediately come out with a press release with a bunch of info, but no such luck. I guess it takes at least a day or two for money to get transferred, papers, signed, details worked out, etc.

I'm sure that guy is freaking stoked to have the opportunity to come in a not only save a brand, but one with such a polarizing connection with the public... Of course there are people that don't care... (non-motorcyclists..) but everybody else either loves or hates the brand and everything it represents...

I would immediately go and take a tour of the facility...

There is so much that has to be done to get it back up and running... Hiring... infrastructure... documentation and paperwork...

I hope we can look back on this in a year or two and just smile and think about how awesome it was to see the history unfold...

I would immediately go and take a tour of the facility...
    Tours were taken by prospective buyers well before the auction. I certainly would, if I were considering purchasing a company!

EBRforum Expert
    Motorcycle.com article this morning: http://blog.motorcycle.com/2015/08/0...-buell-racing/

Here's what Erik had to say about it:

Reached via text this afternoon, Erik Buell said he is working with the new owner on “how to roll out the story.” Pressed for details, Buell said, “He’ll tell his story his way and in his time schedule. As it should be.”

He’s a bike guy, though?

“Yes,” texts Buell.

EBRforum Novice
    Sorry, I just read Bruce's recent comment and I don't listen to rumors. Figured they had other intentions. Hopefully it's certain.

EBRforum Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Porcaro View Post
    Sorry, I just read Bruce's recent comment and I don't listen to rumors. Figured they had other intentions. Hopefully it's certain.
    Given Buell's previous trials, it's easy to assume the worst, but I think this is about as good of an outcome as we could have expected. The guy has money and he's "self-labeled as a fan and admirer of Erik Buell's work" according to one guy who listened in on the court hearing yesterday.

EBRforum Newb
    Who owns the right to Buell? The name and the rights to make 1125r parts Anyone..

EBRforum Expert
    ^ The new owner bought everything, lock, stock and barrel. He owns it all.

EBRforum Novice
    You're probably right. I really want him to succeed. The designs have world class appeal and just need proper execution. This country's sportbike struggle is pathetic and hopefully ends now.

EBRforum Expert
    It also appears based on what people who should know are posting, is the new owner is free of all previous debt. The ~$5M that was generated from the sale goes to pay off debts and the books are wiped clean under receivership. That gives him a hell of a running start.

Check this thread for what the new owner has to say: http://ebrforum.com/showthread.php?3...w-Owner-of-EBR