Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 119RX keeps blowing front valve/cam cover

EBRforum ProvNov

119RX keeps blowing front valve/cam cover

1190rx keeps blowing valve/cam cover. Its always the left front corner of the cover. It takes about 8-10 miles after I replace the gasket. I suspect and breather system problem cause when it happens it sounds like someone stuck a knife in the front tire. I have seen ebryellowrx's post on the water in the crankcase for a bad casting on the water pump cover. I'm wondering if I don't have something like that going on. I have replaced the gasket and checked the breather system with air and it seems to be clear but I am stumped. Thanks for any advise given!

The oil level is normal?
    On my bike also a leak of oil from gasket of rear cylinder head at high rpm. When selling my motorcycle, dealer poured oil above the upper mark. I leaked about 200 grams, a leak under gasket was observed.
    In airbox all is dry.
    Last edited by zviadi; 06-12-2015 at 08:59 AM.
    EBR 1190 RX

EBRforum ProvNov
    Oil level is in the middle of the lines on a "hot check". I have noticed it is hard to get oil into this bike. I can only pour about 3oz at a time or it will back up and run all over the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Red93stang View Post
    Oil level is in the middle of the lines on a "hot check". I have noticed it is hard to get oil into this bike. I can only pour about 3oz at a time or it will back up and run all over the floor.

WOW that's unusual. Mine takes oil fine.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Quote Originally Posted by Classax View Post
    WOW that's unusual. Mine takes oil fine.
    Thats good info actually! Their has to be something going on on that side of the engine. My 1125 never had a issue either taking oil.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Mine always did, but it was closer to a quart rather than 3 ounces. Never noticed it on any of the 1190's though.

EBRforum ProvNov
    So far I have torn down the left and right side of the bike. Cylinder leak down showed no signs of leakage anywhere. I am going to remove the flywheel/rotor to get to the upper balance shaft to check the beather passage in the case. The flywheel would not come loose from the crank like most have experienced on the 1125's. I have ordered gaskets, borrowed timing tools, and I am just waiting for all to come in at this point.

EBRforum ProvNov
    I was able to check all the breather passages with the balance shaft out the way. All are clear, rigged up a way to put air to the cylinder and I hear no air coming out any passages. I'm going to clean everything the best I can and put it all back together and hope for the best. I did find something weird, a wasp or dirt dauber in the stator side of the engine. Looks like centrifugal force had taken its toll and took quit a ride on the rotor. LOL

EBRforum ProvNov
    Name:  IMG_2664.JPG
Views: 985
Size:  97.5 KBName:  IMG_2665.JPG
Views: 709
Size:  98.9 KB

I think I found the problem. Now I just need to find out where it came from. It's silicone based, rubbery feeling.

EBRforum ProvNov
    What is that part you are holding ?