Thread: noisy engine

EBRforum Newb

noisy engine

Has any other owners experienced harsh vibration and loud clacking at idle in nuetral that disappears when clutch is engaged? Valves also seem rather loud and rattling at various rpm below 4200. I just purchased tues and have roughly 220 miles on it staying under 6200 rpm per break in rules!

EBRforum Newb
    Yea, the slipper clutch. My KTM SMR was really loud.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Quote Originally Posted by bueller757 View Post
    Valves also seem rather loud and rattling at various rpm below 4200.
    Do you have previous experience with this powertrain or another readily accessible to compare it to?
    What have you owned/ridden in the past to compare it to?
    Without hearing it (obviously), I would guess that you're hearing normal mechanical noise from the engine. It definitely makes some mechanical noises that are rarely an indication of any problem.

EBRforum ProvNov
    It's normal, mine does the same thing

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by snacktoast View Post
    Do you have previous experience with this powertrain or another readily accessible to compare it to?
    What have you owned/ridden in the past to compare it to?
    Without hearing it (obviously), I would guess that you're hearing normal mechanical noise from the engine. It definitely makes some mechanical noises that are rarely an indication of any problem.
    Ive ridden 07 zx6r that had a recall for shim bucket failure, somewhat simalar sounds. I also had 09 xb12 firebolt, but it was harley engine nothing near the same. Bike runs well, just at low rpm around 3,000 awful lot of mechanical noise coming from engine area when loaded in gear. it doesnt make noise when not in gear and throttled. new to this engine setup, curious if this is normal

EBRforum ProvNov
    I have had the same issue. I have an 1125r and it isnt as noisy as the 1190. Can someone explain why it is so much louder than the 1125r? Thanks

EBRforum ProvNov
    More cam lift, more compression, larger bore - it all can add up to more mechanical noise.

EBRforum Junkie
    I know this post is a little old and you probably have a lot more miles accumulated and have done some maintenance since new, but I have found on my bike that that a looser than spec chain will make the noises you described.