Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We Need Some News!

EBRforum Expert

We Need Some News!

So, we've found a list of cities where EBR dealers will likely be located, we know there'll be a 2013 1190RX, 1190SX, and 1190AX and it's been stated they'll be made public this fall.

Anybody got anything to report?

Quote Originally Posted by Hughlysses View Post
    So, we've found a list of cities where EBR dealers will likely be located, we know there'll be a 2013 1190RX, 1190SX, and 1190AX and it's been stated they'll be made public this fall.

Anybody got anything to report?

No news. Just waiting along with you. I think we can make some pretty close guesses of what the RX and SX's will look like, but I'm curious about the AX. Should probably share some visual cues with the Ulysses, but it will be interesting to see how similar or different it is.

EBRforum Expert
    It's November 1!!! ...and still no news. (sigh)

EBRforum Novice
    I think we know what the news will basically be. I'm just trying to find $20k to squander on a new bike to throw down the track...

Has the Milan show come and gone yet? I thought that was usually in November. That would be a very cool venue to unveil something.

The rumors I have heard were that production wouldn't really get going until well into 2013, so even if we see something soon, we'll probably be waiting a while more before we can actually buy one.
    Last edited by Scott; 11-02-2012 at 07:23 AM.

Looks like the Milan show is in a couple weeks, but EBR isn't listed. We can still hope, but that seems to make the possibility slim: http://www.eicma.it/en/exhibitor-catalogue/E

EBRforum Newb
    I'm just dying to see what he's coming out with, but the " just below $20,000" is like a wrench in the gears for me. Looks as if my little CR is going to be with me for quite sometime, or that 848 Streetfighter I tried out this weekend.

EBRforum Expert
    Well, look at it this way: Hopefully within a couple of years the next set of EBR bike models will come out and be closer to the $10k range, and in the meantime some of these just-under-$20k bikes will get sold off or traded which will make them a lot more affordable.

EBRforum Novice
    I kind of feel like "a bit less than $20k" is the new going-rate for a premium motorcycle. Even the high end Japanese bikes are fully $15-16k now, so it's not much extra for the EBR 1190 production models, and there's certainly a lot more exclusive/exotic cachet for this bike than a CBR1000RR.

What were the original Buells? I seem to remember them being up around $12,000 and as expensive as the top exotics of the time.

$20,000 should be about right for a low volume exotic these days. And the difference between previous Buells and current exotics is we should get performance to justify the price with the new EBR's.

If you look at bikes like Benelli, or Moto-Guzzi you'll pay $20,000 for those, but an R1 will blow them away on the track. Hopefully EBR will be able to follow the Ducati model of focusing on perfromance and expanding from there into broader markets as opposed to some of the smaller, high-priced manufacturers who will probably always be small and high-priced.