Thread: Break Pads and rotors .

EBRforum ProvNov

Break Pads and rotors .

I was wondering if anyone knows of a place to get break pads and rotors.
    I ordered new breaks and a rear rotor, but was told there were only 4 rear rotors left at Parts Unlimited. So I was wondering if anyone knows of any aftermarket vendors or maybe pads/ rotors from other bikes that may fit? For some reason my rear right side pad is down to almost nothing, the left side is fine. Anyone have any thoughts on that. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

As far as I can tell, the 1190rx uses the same pad as the Buell 1125r. sbs website selects the 857LS pads for both. Amazon had some sbs 857LS for sale. I think EBC and DP will make pads also. As far as the rotor goes, will have to do some research.

EBRforum Expert
    If one pad is wearing heavily, it means the caliper is not floating freely. Check the pins for corrosion, clean as necessary, apply a little grease, and reinstall.

Front pads and rotor are supposed to be the same as the Buell 1125; not sure about the rear.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Thanks so much for the info and help. The 857ls pads look the same so I'll order some from Amazon and try them out.
    Hughlysses, thanks for the help. That's kind of what've was hoping to be the issue as well, I'll hopefully get a chance to clean it up in a day or two. I'll update when I get them done. Thanks again.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Finally after waiting almost a month for parts and actually getting time to tear it apart I got it fixed. The outside piston on the caliper was frozen in place. After some cursing, I got it freed up by compressing it with the banjo off and the bleeder open. Some green goo shot out and it's working fine now. Hopefully it stays that way. I did notice some oil residue at the bottom of the rear cylinder on a side note which has me concerned. It was only a small amount but still enough to bother me. This is the first time I noticed it. I have close to 3k on it now and so far it's been an awesome bike. I've had small issues but nothing major. Sorry I took so long to update but waiting for parts and free time were a major setback.

Today we measured the beating of my rotor - 0.3 mm in two places.
    We'll have to change it. There are three options:
    1. Buy the original EBR.
    2. Buy rotor from 1125.
    3. Find kit for remaking the front brake system on dual-standard (analogue to use Canepa in WSBK).
    The cheapest is option to buy a rotor from 1125, but I am afraid that he too was beating some time (stock rotor it constantly discoloration after braking)
    EBR 1190 RX

EBRforum Junkie
    Put a Yamaha or Suzuki front end on.
    I came really close to doing that to my 1125cr, but other things came up and didn't.

I put a Suzuki front end on one of my Yamahas, put a Honda single sided swing arm on another one of my FZR1000's.
    Just takes a little thinking on the easiest way of doing it.

Mike

Yes, I had not thought about it ...
    EBR uses Showa BigPistonsFork of Japanese motorcycles.
    EBR 1190 RX

EBRforum Junkie
    Ha...just put a set of EBC, HH pads on the front of my RX. Easy to get, ordered on a Tuesday, were waiting for me when I got to the shop on Friday.
    Seem to be ok, but only have three days on them so far. Got a way to go before they are broken in.

One BIG plus...no residue on the rotor..!

Also, I believe that the real EBR guys have rotors in stock.

Mike

I'm use Braking pads. No problem and always available in russian parts stores.
    EBC also use, he is worse than Braking.
    EBR 1190 RX