Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: 1190 RX Total Production Number?

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by buell-fan View Post
    I hope you got them to give you a good deal on it based on that pronouncement! They can get some new lights for their showroom now that they have a fresh check in their hands. Galactic black looks much better outdoors anyway.
    color is totally a personal preference thing...
    I think it looks better under fluorescent or LED... under the sun not so much... but on a bright side, while in the sun, I am generally not looking at the color as watching the road is far more important (and much more fun...)
    only deal I got was the RED WHITE & BLUE $2K that had going back in 2014...

EBRforum Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Krstphr.kg View Post
    Hi, I am new to this forum. I really do like EBR however I can't get over the front break set up I mean does the single disc actually work? I wish they would come up with a Brembo set up like on the Ducati. I have been searching about this issue and have come up with yet another question... Does anyone make a kit like this aftermarket wise to convert the newer 1190sx or rx to a Brembo set up?
    It's been around since 2002 (Buell XB9R) and they've steadily improved it since then. It works, and it especially works well in street applications. A top line dual disk setup may best it in something like World Superbike where relentless, repeated, maximum effort, very high speed braking is required. You won't come close to that in any kind of street or track riding.

Remember, it's not really intended to be a better braking system, it's intended to provide equal braking with better handling due to reduced unsprung weight.

If you want to convert you're going to have to change forks, front wheel (the single perimeter disk is fundamental to the structural design of the wheel), and master cylinder.

Try it, you'll like it.

EBRforum Novice
    I really love the ZTL's function and form. It's brilliant and unique and most people who truly understand the advantages also love it.

Just think if they had the funds to contract someone major like brembo to make them a carbon ceramic rotor and trick caliper for racing. You'd certainly be seeing more championships then.

Though I find it very impressive how it and EBR in general manages to be competitive and even win at their current stage. The whole design is still relatively new and will improve on the track as time goes on and funds go up.

Right now it has plenty of stopping power on the street and works great. It feels like a traditional setup and is all I'll ever need.

I will never have any desire to switch. You don't need two. Just like it turned out you don't need two rear shocks. I like just one and I'd feel like I was moving backward.

Time goes on and things evolve. I have faith.
    Last edited by Doug Porcaro; 05-13-2016 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hughlysses View Post
    It's been around since 2002 (Buell XB9R) and they've steadily improved it since then. It works, and it especially works well in street applications. A top line dual disk setup may best it in something like World Superbike where relentless, repeated, maximum effort, very high speed braking is required. You won't come close to that in any kind of street or track riding.
    And even though theres only one disc it can still do a lot of braking. even at superbike level ;)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3547.jpg 
Views:	325 
Size:	155.4 KB 
ID:	907

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Porcaro View Post
    I really love the ZTL's function and form. It's brilliant and unique and most people who truly understand the advantages also love it.

Just think if they had the funds to contract someone major like brembo to make them a carbon ceramic rotor and trick caliper for racing. You'd certainly be seeing more championships then.

Though I find it very impressive how it and EBR in general manages to be competitive and even win at their current stage. The whole design is still relatively new and will improve on the track as time goes on and funds go up.

Right now it has plenty of stopping power on the street and works great. It feels like a traditional setup and is all I'll ever need.

I will never have any desire to switch. You don't need two. Just like it turned out you don't need two rear shocks. I like just one and I'd feel like I was moving backward.

Time goes on and things evolve. I have faith.
    Sicom from germany made ceramic disc to go with the ZTL2 calipers ;)
    Name:  2007 BUELL XB12R FIREBOLT SICOM CERAMIC PERAMETER FRONT ROTOR CALIPER AND OHLINS RACE FORKS.jpg
Views: 1530
Size:  29.1 KB

EBRforum Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by DkRider View Post
    Sicom from germany made ceramic disc to go with the ZTL2 calipers ;)
    Name:  2007 BUELL XB12R FIREBOLT SICOM CERAMIC PERAMETER FRONT ROTOR CALIPER AND OHLINS RACE FORKS.jpg
Views: 1530
Size:  29.1 KB
    WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Hughlysses View Post
    WOW!
    And if you want to go full overkill you can get it for the rear as well
    Name:  SCrearbrakebuell.jpg
Views: 854
Size:  36.5 KB

EBRforum ProvNov
    Twin motorcycles sells that kit, im picking it up this winter for my RX, I want that rear one too!!! Does sicom make it as well?

EBRforum Novice
    WOW! Amazing. I need that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace117 View Post
    Twin motorcycles sells that kit, im picking it up this winter for my RX, I want that rear one too!!! Does sicom make it as well?
    How much are they asking for the front rotor, pads and caliper? I know I have seen it on there shop and I tried to find it so i could link to it here, but couldn't find it anymore.
    yes sicom makes that kit for the rear.. but it's only for the xb as far as i know.
    Last edited by DkRider; 05-15-2016 at 06:40 AM.

EBRforum ProvNov
    I posted the link a while back but no one was intersted. The kit is €2058,73 and it comes with the mounting hardware, the disk and pads and it only weighs 1.76lbs! Your OE caliper will need to be sent to twin so they can machine it to fit the thicker carbon rotor. I was going to cantact 5-0 to set up the purchase, I don't think the price is bad considering a conventional disk carbon system will set you back around 5k

http://www.twinmotorcycles.nl/websho...&cid=164&s=&a=