Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Known Issues

we replaced 2-3 sets of TBs back in the day for the o2 lean condition. Apparently, some batch of TBs were leaking too much air.

Spider, looks like I have it fixed, finally traced it back to the remote starter solenoid.
    I believe it was getting stuck internally, seems all good now once it released, I haven't had the problem since.
    It resides in the area right under the passenger seat lock, in between battery and fuse panel.
    I went ahead and order a new one from AF1 Racing and will just change out the connector on it.
    Found it when I was searching the internet, turns out this type of solenoid is uses in jet ski and snowmobile applications as well, and they experience the "click of doom" as I found it referenced more than once.
    http://www.af1racing.com/store/Scrip...idproduct=2538
    Good luck, hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    fknroger -- While out riding for a few hours last night, I experienced the same "one start" issue you spoke of. My ebr has less than 500 miles on it. I was maybe 175 miles from home so the first instance made me nervous & frustrated. The necessity of getting home ultimately proved that it does restart after sitting for a small amount of time. I'll be looking in to it and please post a resolution if you discover one.
    fknroger

EBRforum Newb
    red93stang, i was looking at 1190 owners group posts today and looks like a couple people had this issue and was a water pump oil seal. Did you ever find out what happened of get fixed?

When I fist turn the key to on the Engine Cold indicator is accompanied by a Low Oil warning. The tech at Dreyer said this was normal and that it goes away when the engine warms up. It does seem to go away but yesterday after taking it out on the back roads for about a 20 mile circuit it came back on as I was pulling into my garage. I was dumb and I didn't check the gauge while it was hot and checked it this morning cold, cold its just BARELY over the min line while sitting on the side stand. Does anyone else have the "Low Oil" warning popping up on their bikes and should I be concerned? I'll do a hot check later but I didn't know if this was just a known bug that I can disregard.
    2016 1190RX

your oil level should be below the low level when cold. You'll need to ride it til warm and and let sit for a 3-5 mins on its stand on a level surface. then check your sight glass, thats your level. from what you are describing it all seem normal.