Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Known Issues

EBRforum ProvNov
    My RX ended up back in shop with less than 70 miles on it .. threw a check engine light driving home from dealer. Had many fault codes that would show up as soon as bike was warm. Dealer had it for over 1 month troubleshooting with EBR. As far as I know they replaced the Throttle Bodies and perhaps the ECM - they never did give me an actual invoice of the repairs. No more issues once I got it back .. and I have since switched to the Race Tips and Race ECM still with no issues. I am glad I had the warranty when I first bought it or I would have been screwed. I have heard of other stories of mis-calibrated throttle bodies.

EBRforum ProvNov
    There was an issue with some early throttle bodies. The issue was that the throttle plates would not open at the same time due to the manufacturer of the throttle bodies not properly calibrating the linkage.
    The TPS reads off 1 of the plates, so if they are not synced properly, 1 opens before the other and creates a lean condition on the other cylinder.
    Typically a check engine light for a lean condition on one of the cylinders would occur and on bikes that had it bad, there was some severe surging at steady state low throttle inputs.

EBRforum ProvNov
    I got the front o2 CEL today.

Also... I have a 5-14 bike and it seems maybe I have the badly calibrated throttle body linkage? I'm not going to commit to the surging being "severe" but it's pretty annoying.

I was playing with the throttle at low openings (3rd gear) to see what was up just before the front 02 CEL lit up.
    The engineers told me, “Road test it. Savor the midrange. Then, choose.” -- EBR 1190RX

EBRforum ProvNov
    I now have about 1k on my bike. I have had some issues with the bike not starting when hot. Don't know the technical term, but it the bike had carbs it is kinda like they are flooded. Giving the bike some throttle and cranking it over gets it to start. I have had this happen on other bikes so it is not too surprising. Just a mild inconvenience cause it happens fairly often.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbaker229 View Post
    I now have about 1k on my bike. I have had some issues with the bike not starting when hot. Don't know the technical term, but it the bike had carbs it is kinda like they are flooded. Giving the bike some throttle and cranking it over gets it to start. I have had this happen on other bikes so it is not too surprising. Just a mild inconvenience cause it happens fairly often.
    I've had this happen as well. Shortly thereafter the low fuel light popped on (mine works!). I'd be curious to know if you can verify that this is the pattern with yours as well.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Quote Originally Posted by golfman1966 View Post
    I've had this happen as well. Shortly thereafter the low fuel light popped on (mine works!). I'd be curious to know if you can verify that this is the pattern with yours as well.

My issue has no relation to the low fuel light. I think the fuel injection system is just loaded up. I attribute it to the fact that I do not rag on the bike, if anything i lug it too much. I always have the TC set to a pretty high number. I am a pretty slow rider, I am guessing that if I ragged on my bike in the manner it was designed for this would happen less often. That is a very uneducated guess though...

EBRforum ProvNov
    jbaker, the issue may be the winter blend of gasoline that is being phased out for the normal blend at this time of year. The winter blend, IIRC, can tend to evaporate the more volatile compounds related to winter starting when the gas is considerably heated by the frame/tank of our bikes. Eventually with these compounds more or less missing due to tank heating, what you have to do to get it started may just be the temporary workaround until the normal blend gets around to your filling stations.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Is the throttle body sync procedure in any of the service manuals?

If I just remove the airbox will it be pretty obvious whether or not they're synced?
    The engineers told me, “Road test it. Savor the midrange. Then, choose.” -- EBR 1190RX

EBRforum ProvNov
    There is no SYNC SERVICE procedure ... apparently you have to replace them to make it right.

EBRforum Junkie
    A pair of dial indicators would show you if they're opening at the same time, assuming you can set it up. I don't recall seeing any service procedures for it either, but I'm sure it could be done with a bit of ingenuity.