Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Known Issues

EBRforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by d_adams View Post
    I just don't see the warranty being honored, it's such a massive liability to take on. Millions in claims, labor, parts, etc. I have 2 of these now, one needs some work to get it running again.
    I don't see the new EBR owner spending that much on warranty issues. If the warranty work averages $1,000.00 for 100 different bikes that is only $100,000.00. Are there even 500 of them running the roads right now even? From what I have read on here, there are a few common issues needing addressed and a few bigger one-off warranty issues that need addressed on a limited number of bikes. Those aren't bad numbers, considering. For the most part these brand new machines are well thought out (purpose built) and fairly well put together. There are going to be bugs to be worked out with any new manufactured motorcycle or automobile. We are the proud firsts to help get the EBR 1190 to a fine-tuned piece of American made machine.

Anyone had an issue of the bike only starting once?
    If I start the bike and immediately shut it off and attempt to restart it will not start. (one of the relays under the rear passenger seat just clicks)
    If I wait about 15 min the bike will start again and repeat the same issue. This applies whether the bike is hot or cold, will only start once.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.
    fknroger

EBRforum ProvNov
    Does it crank and not fire or not crank?

If no crank, it could be a defective relay. Try swapping relays around to see if things change.

Sparky, it starts and runs no problem the first time, it's after I shut the bike off and try to restart that it will not start.
    I actually did swap relays just to check it (since all three are the same) and still no luck. Thanks for the suggestion though.
    fknroger

Got me on that one?

One issue I will mention is the rear heat shield welds. I'll be having AF! repair mine instead of replace this off season.

The other I would mention is how the stock chain seems to just stretch every ride

Lastly USE A TORQUE WRENCH on EVERYTHING. If you have tires replaced at a track event or new shop demand the use a torque wrench. Too tight on the rear axle nut cam compress the rear wheel bearings on to each other which will case them to lock up together and be all be impossible to remove. 100ft-lbs for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by fknroger View Post
    Anyone had an issue of the bike only starting once?
    If I start the bike and immediately shut it off and attempt to restart it will not start. (one of the relays under the rear passenger seat just clicks)
    If I wait about 15 min the bike will start again and repeat the same issue. This applies whether the bike is hot or cold, will only start once.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.
    Still looking for any suggestions, was told it might be a ground issue, so I am going to try running another separate ground wire to see if this helps. Just hoping someone else has run into a similar situation.
    fknroger

Quote Originally Posted by fknroger View Post
    Still looking for any suggestions, was told it might be a ground issue, so I am going to try running another separate ground wire to see if this helps. Just hoping someone else has run into a similar situation.
    fknroger -- While out riding for a few hours last night, I experienced the same "one start" issue you spoke of. My ebr has less than 500 miles on it. I was maybe 175 miles from home so the first instance made me nervous & frustrated. The necessity of getting home ultimately proved that it does restart after sitting for a small amount of time. I'll be looking in to it and please post a resolution if you discover one.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    fknroger -- While out riding for a few hours last night, I experienced the same "one start" issue you spoke of. My ebr has less than 500 miles on it. I was maybe 175 miles from home so the first instance made me nervous & frustrated. The necessity of getting home ultimately proved that it does restart after sitting for a small amount of time. I'll be looking in to it and please post a resolution if you discover one.
    Spider: have not discovered a solution as of yet, sounds like it left you feeling the exact same way I felt first time it happened. Mine has about 5000 miles on it, currently it is all taken apart (has been for about 2 months) trying to located the issue. Honestly I have not spent a whole lot of time looking into it, luckily it is not my only bike, I will post once I have it corrected. FYI, mine has had the fuel light on since day one, and my dash has gone completely blank twice. (simply removed and re-installed and started working each time.)
    fknroger

Still can't come up with a solution, I now have a EBR paperweight, if anyone else has a suggestion please offer it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    fknroger

EBRforum ProvNov
    So far I've had:

1) Front 02 sensor error code. Occasionally throws a check engine light, most of the time it's just in the diagnostics history (EDIT: when I upgraded to the race ECM this problem went away)
    2) TC settings default back to 3, have had this happen a few times (UPDATE: Seems to occur at the first start in the morning. Theory is a voltage sag on the starting system, will research further)
    3) I have a fairly substantial resonance that vibrates the bike at about 7500 rpm. Not sure if this is typical or not. (EDIT: Futzing with the chain slack has minimized this issue)
    4) Once I had a hard start condition with backfire. Engine was warm at the time.

The dealer I bought the bike from sold it to me at a substantial discount, so I don't believe they did much prep work before delivery. The chain was very loose (2" of play as measured per the manual) and it slapped around enough to chew up the lower chain guard. I've since adjusted to spec and it seems okay now.

I'm used to Japanese/European bikes, and the EBR will take me some time to get used to. For example, from the dealership the battery was bad (went completely flat) and I boosted it to get her going. Since I didn't know it had a lithium battery, the booster blew up the battery. There are a few other things that have befuddled me from time to time, but I'll learn.
    Last edited by golfman1966; 06-02-2016 at 08:43 PM. Reason: General update on resolutions