Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Knowing What You Know Now Would You Buy A New 1190SX Today?

EBRforum Junkie
    7k on my RX.

The only issues I've had were that the exhaust lost a bolt leading to a cracked header and numerous plastics have and are cracked.

That being said, I'd buy another absolutely. I'm considering if it they get in the 8k range . . .

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by noone1569 View Post
    7k on my RX.

The only issues I've had were that the exhaust lost a bolt leading to a cracked header and numerous plastics have and are cracked.

That being said, I'd buy another absolutely. I'm considering if it they get in the 8k range . . .
    Thanks Noone....was the header fix expensive or difficult? I am not much of a mech I'm afraid...

EBRforum ProvNov
    I like it better than any bike I've ever had.

EBRforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt View Post
    Thanks Noone....was the header fix expensive or difficult? I am not much of a mech I'm afraid...

Well, it was fixed under warranty. Getting to the header isn't too bad though if you had to replace it.

These bikes suck! They destroy knee pucks, and chew through tires. People always gawking with something to say. Its a nightmare. Mechanically speaking once they sorted out the ecu and a few throttle bodies, its been bullet proof. I'm ridding less on the street though because tracking it is on a whole nother level.
    Last edited by Classax; 05-08-2015 at 06:31 AM.

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Classax View Post
    These bikes suck! They destroy knee pucks, and chee through tires. People always gawking with something to say. Its a nightmare. Mechanically speaking once they sorted out the ecu and a few throttle bodies, its been bullet proof. I'm ridding less on the street though because tracking it is on a whole never level.

NOICE!! Thanks for the feedback. Rubber side down!

All jokes aside. While I absolutely love this bike now that is sorted, I had a few issues under warranty that would completely side line a new owner under the current conditions. Fortunately nearly all of those will have been addressed by the dealers by now. Right now they are a great risk. Meaning if you score one cheap and have no issues you're a genius because they really are that good. On the other hand if you find yourself among the inevitable few who encounter a problem even a minor one under the current conditions you will be an idiot for buying a bike with no support side lined with a potentially expensive path to running order.

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Classax View Post
    All jokes aside. While I absolutely love this bike now that is sorted, I had a few issues under warranty that would completely side line a new owner under the current conditions. Fortunately nearly all of those will have been addressed by the dealers by now. Right now they are a great risk. Meaning if you score one cheap and have no issues you're a genius because they really are that good. On the other hand if you find yourself among the inevitable few who encounter a problem even a minor one under the current conditions you will be an idiot for buying a bike with no support side lined with a potentially expensive path to running order.

Well, today I roll the dice. Only time will tell if I am said genius or idiot. I am picking up my shiny red RX for $9800. Had negotiated 2 for $9500 a piece for an extra parts bike and wish I would have had the courage to pull the trigger on that deal but I wimped out and decided I could only afford one $10,000 paper weight.

My VIN is 306 so hopefully it's ringer and not a lemon. Will let you all know.

Let's all raise a glass...Here's to addictions, dammit.

EBRforum Expert
    Good for you! Congratulations!

Of course...

With a VIN in the 300s I would think you will be just fine. And in regards to the parts bike I am still wondering how low they will go cause if I find one cheap enough that is a consideration.

Congrats on the new ride, FYI I would suggest that you follow the break in period very strictly as there have been cases of ~8hp difference on bikes that were broken in properly and ones that weren't. Have fun.