Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Knowing What You Know Now Would You Buy A New 1190SX Today?

EBRforum ProvNov

Knowing What You Know Now Would You Buy A New 1190SX Today?

I have been lurking on this site for a while now and I appreciate all the good info. I am currently on a 2008 Suzuki B-King and a former 1125CR owner. I have been interested in the SX since they came out. I have found one at a dealer for a pretty hefty discount and I am considering picking it up. Knowing what you know now with the receivership situation would you still buy one?

EBRforum Newb
    I already have an SX and yes, I would buy another, this time the RX at the discounted price if I hadn't just bought a Harley, which I love immensely. Never saw that coming. An RX in yellow!

EBRforum Novice
    They are tempting. SX was definitely a more comfortable seating position but the RX has a sleeker look. I go back and forth on which would be the better option, modify each in my head to suit my needs and then let the logical and emotional sides of my brain argue want/need.

EBRforum Newb
    What kind of discounts are we talking? I remember when HD and that POS Wandell shutdown Buell, I bought my CR at almost 50% off MSRP. I can still hear that a-hole........."I will not pay or invest I someone's hobby..shut it down". Now HD's bike to bring in the younger crowd are the 500 and 750 Street bikes.......what a joke. They can't even give those India / Chinese / Pakistan "quality" bikes away.....

Getting ready to pounce on one soon, love my RX and if I can pick up an SX for around 8-10 grand I will get one. How could you get a great bike at that price anywhere else!

EBRforum Newb
    Hey everybody,

I have the opportunity to pick up a new 1190 RX for $9500. I need to know if anyone has more than 8 to 10,000 miles on one of these bikes please.

$9500 is not a lot of money for a superbike but it is a lot of money for me and I want to make sure that I at least get a few years of enjoyment out of this bike with as little risk as possible.

Has anyone experienced maintenance issues that absolutely require manufacturer level replacements/maintenance? Such as losing a gear or something proprietary? I guess what I'm really asking is, exactly what this thread is asking.

I love this bike and I was hooked the moment I rode it. I really want to purchase it but I'm just hesitant because of the fact that there is no history of durability or longevity on this particular model. Any thoughts or suggestions would be extremely helpful thanks everyone in advance.

You might want to send a private message to the user Classax on these forums, I believe that he has ~10k mi on his RX.

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Slickit View Post
    You might want to send a private message to the user Classax on these forums, I believe that he has ~10k mi on his RX.
    Thanks.

EBRforum Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt View Post
    Hey everybody,

I have the opportunity to pick up a new 1190 RX for $9500. I need to know if anyone has more than 8 to 10,000 miles on one of these bikes please.

$9500 is not a lot of money for a superbike but it is a lot of money for me and I want to make sure that I at least get a few years of enjoyment out of this bike with as little risk as possible.

Has anyone experienced maintenance issues that absolutely require manufacturer level replacements/maintenance? Such as losing a gear or something proprietary? I guess what I'm really asking is, exactly what this thread is asking.

I love this bike and I was hooked the moment I rode it. I really want to purchase it but I'm just hesitant because of the fact that there is no history of durability or longevity on this particular model. Any thoughts or suggestions would be extremely helpful thanks everyone in advance.
    If you check the threads here and in the EBR sub-forum at www.badweatherbikers.com, it seems most of the issues are with earlier serial number RX's, and most of those issues have been with the electronics and other minor niggles. I haven't read of any significant mechanical failures.

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughlysses View Post
    If you check the threads here and in the EBR sub-forum at www.badweatherbikers.com, it seems most of the issues are with earlier serial number RX's, and most of those issues have been with the electronics and other minor niggles. I haven't read of any significant mechanical failures.

Thanks for the info! Hope to hear from more folks.