Thread: Oil... What is everyone running?

EBRforum Newb

Oil... What is everyone running?

My first post to this Forum. I'm also on the Buell XB forum and see a lot of the same users. Nice to see you all here.

I know it's a big topic of debate but I guess I'll narrow it down a little - has anyone run any other oil than the suggested Amsoil? If so have you had any issues? I've used Mobil One, Lucas, Royal Purple, etc... on other bikes but I haven't dared stray from Amsoil on my EBR.

Thoughts...?

EBRforum Novice
    Oil is like religion in many ways.

If you don't take anything too seriously you hear about the major brands, and you change often enough, you will probably find most any flavor services your needs acceptably, especially if you are a street rider.

Amsoil is fine. So is Motul 300V. And, I've even run Mobile-1 20/50 with good luck in the 1125 motor.

Changing often is the best advice I can give to you, along with using any major brand full synthetic 20/50 or 15/50. As soon as it's not perfectly slick to shift -- change.

EBRforum Junkie
    Amsoil for sure.

I'm a dealer, became a dealer because I liked the oil so much.

I sell to buell guys at cost as well.

Amsoil 20/50, I have been using the Amsoil Dominator Race oil in my 1125r track bike, and with 24,000 mile on her the oil screen is as clean as the day it was built, and runs great. EBR did not recommend the race oil for the 1190 because of the higher levels of zinc with give great engine wear protection, can cause clutch slippage.

EBRforum Expert
    Not completely relevant to this discussion, but I changed to Amsoil in my XB just because Amsoil was an early supporter of Erik's when he was starting EBR.

EBRforum Novice
    Completely epic....