Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New 1190RX died 3x on the way home

Just Installed the Race ECM and tips. Just an FYI replacing the ECM did not change any software or firmware as I had hoped it might. So back to trying to find a way to update what I have.

Gotten a few chances to ride and I have put another 400 miles on my bike and besides absolutely loving it to death the errors seemed to have vanished. Maybe the race ECM is what helped, now I have to get an intercom set with a longer range since I keep leaving all my buddies behind. This motorcycle loves to go fast and it practically drives itself through corners, it is having the occasional glitch with the engine braking but that only happens when you hang out at a set speed as mentioned before on these forums.

as promised, pictures
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tips.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	648.7 KB 
ID:	370Click image for larger version. 

Name:	both.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	662.2 KB 
ID:	371Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RX.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	704.4 KB 
ID:	372
    Last edited by Slickit; 05-08-2015 at 11:26 AM.

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Slickit View Post
    as promised, pictures
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tips.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	648.7 KB 
ID:	370Click image for larger version. 

Name:	both.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	662.2 KB 
ID:	371Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RX.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	704.4 KB 
ID:	372
    Niiiiicee! Bet those race tips sound sweet. Wish I could find those race pipes. No one seems to have any left.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt View Post
    Niiiiicee! Bet those race tips sound sweet. Wish I could find those race pipes. No one seems to have any left.
    Not sure where you're located, but I know just before AF1 shipped mine, my local dealer called and said they have them in stock. It's called Tri-County Powersports, located in Moorpark, CA. Might be worth a try, they'll probably be willing to ship

I think NCCR has the tips, just no ECM. Any updates on when those will become available again, or do we just have to wait until the 23rd.

Has anybody that bought a bike after the announcement received anything from the EBR about the receivership?

Mine died right when I was pulling up to my driveway today... It started right back up immediately... It also had problems starting...

I really hope I didn't get a lemon...

I don't have my users manual yet, it is supposed to come in the mail tomorrow... I want to do some in depth reading about everything on the bike...

Hi Plotter, were you not able to download the owner's manual? It is still available on the EBR website. Or do you mean Service Manual?

The dealership sent it to me in the mail, but I haven't received it yet. I'll go to the website to look at it. Much appreciated.

The service manual has to be ordered from AF1, correct? I plan on getting it, but haven't done it yet. The bike arrived today at lunch... It was not the smoothest of purchases...

I also have a stuck low fuel light... Going to have to go to AF1 or something to see if they can help me with it...