Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Tell me this is late April Fools

If Polaris is truly out, BRP is my next bet. I think the company would need to concentrate on customers, dealers and supply chain. Ducati sells a lifestyle not motorcycles. EBR has to find a way to do the same. Develop current customer support, hit the market with a quality middle weight, and play up the average man can win club racer success. They won't be making bikes for a while I would imagine.

Ducati has the luxury of selling a lifestyle, because they are owned by Audi... EBR needs a company with the financial backing and resources to do more than just track bikes... They were on the right track... let's be honest here... this is because of Hero that they are in the position they are in... They were starting to make the bikes that would have gotten then past the hump...

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughlysses View Post
    Knolly- according to papers a friend of mine who owns an EBR received from the lawyer in charge of the sale (the "receiver"), the auction is broken up into 8 or 9 lots. The lots consist of things like the the EBR name and intellectual property (IP), motorcycles and parts, IP developed for Hero but apparently never paid for, and all the motorcycle production equipment. Each of the 8 lots is a pretty big "chunk". You definitely can't buy just a few parts or tools.
    Ah, thanks for the information. If the development bikes were for sale on their own I would have liked to throw a nice chunk of change at them. I have a very treasured memory of visiting EBR when it only had 20 employees and running my hands across the 1190RS prototype/dev bike. Of course I'd only be holding them for safe keeping until they had a new home with the next generation of Buells.