Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuel light stays on

EBRforum Newb
    Hi ,new here, i have recently encountered the low fuel light issue on my 15 SX. I have pulled the pump only to find that there are no connectors on the wires to the float. If anyone could shed a little light on my issue it would be extremely helpful. Thanks in advance.

EBRforum Junkie
    They were crimped too tightly by someone manufacturing the pump assembly from what I understand. "All" you need do is re-splice them (and don't crimp them so hard they fail later). This is a common issue, with a fairly easy fix. Get new pump sealing O-rings for the install.

EBRforum Newb
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170203_160147.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	396.7 KB 
ID:	1326
    Here is my fuel pump. If anyone can show me where the wire needs to be fixed, i just dont see it. Thanks.

Last edited by 1190SX; 02-04-2017 at 01:13 PM.

I don think you have the pump style with the faulty connections..
    pulled out the pump. It's Version B. I could find no crimps in any of the wires.
    The troublesome pumps that had poor terminal crimps had pinkish/red connectors for all of the wires coming from the float itself.

Faulty style pump with poor connections

EBRforum Newb
    I still have an issue with the low fuel light staying on.

I spoke to EBR about the issue a while ago, I need to have my memory refreshed as to what the solution was. I remember them talking about a connection under the seat being the issue and that one of the pins needed to be straightened or a connecter replaced. They also said in a lot of cases the malfunction is caused by the connection being disconnected and improperly reconnected, causing a pin to be bent and make intermittent connection. Cant be sure if this was in regard to the fuel level light or fuel pump operation.
    Last edited by 1190SX; 02-04-2017 at 02:30 PM.

EBRforum Newb
    I haven't had the bike for 3 months and its bone stock. The fuel light issue just happened at random.

Could still be a connection, its definitely not the crimp connection problem of earlier pumps, as you don't have this pump. If the pump is still out you should test the float and see if it sends operates properly. Use a multimeter and check the circuit.
    Last edited by 1190SX; 02-04-2017 at 02:28 PM.