Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Fuel light stays on

Yes. Instead of just guessing and replacing expensive parts, Action Powersports could do some proper electrical diagnosis and find the problem first? Lol.

Or have them read this thread you're posting in, it has lots of good ideas of problems to look for. Such as the post thats 3 above yours that talks about a sunk float.

EBRforum Newb
    I dont disagree. Off it goes back to Action, with the expectation of a fix this time instead of guessing at the problem.

EBRforum Junkie
    Check the wires by the plug next to the battery. They may have been pinched off by the battery.

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by buell-fan View Post
    Check the wires by the plug next to the battery. They may have been pinched off by the battery.
    Thanks for the suggestion, I'll be sure to do that.

EBRforum Newb
    Some people are replacing the float with one of these.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aquarium-Po...72.m2749.l2649

Smart!

EBRforum Newb
    Back to Action for a second round. Just called to check on status, and they are ordering yet another fuel pump. I'm seriously questioning their diagnostic abilities at this point.

That sucks man.

EBRforum Newb
    This just in, 5 weeks later, the fuel light is now off! The only thing they did was replace the fuel pump, again. This surprises me, but at the end of the day, I had a warranty that covered all but $50.
    Both replacements would have hit me for $2,800 total. And this is why we buy warranties. Hope no one else has to go through this ordeal...

EBRforum Newb
    I may be cursed. Just yesterday I'm out for a short ride (30 minutes), and about 20 minutes in I'm just at cruising speed on the highway when a check engine light comes on. I pull over to check the code, and I see P0193 - Fuel Pressure Sensor System Fault.
    I managed to make it home without noticing any change in ride quality (aside from a possible increase in fuel consumption after further googling).
    Once I pulled into my garage, shut the bike off and the fans stopped running, I noticed a humming/buzzing sound from what appeared to be inside the tank (about where my right knee contacts the frame). This lasted for roughly 10 minutes straight, then stopped. At that point, I turned the key to run, and the check engine light was off. Could this be an intermittent issue?? Maybe....but not going to risk it with the recent fuel pump issues I've had.

Back I go to Action to sort this out with EBR.

Anyone have experience with P0193 OBDII code?