Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuel light stays on

Fuel light stays on

Hi All, the low fuel light stays on permanently on my SX, has anyone else had similar?

EBRforum Newb
    Yes, mine does as well. I wrote EBR and they told me to have it repaired under warranty at my dealer. I'm going to try and bring it in tomorrow for the 620 mile maintenance. I'm at 651 and hope this isn't an issue. I don't ride it hard anyway.

Update. When I dropped mine off at the dealership, the technician told me that he's seen the wires on the sending unit come off. I'll let you know what they find.
    Last edited by RV7PILOT; 04-10-2015 at 06:53 PM.

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by RV7PILOT View Post
    Yes, mine does as well. I wrote EBR and they told me to have it repaired under warranty at my dealer. I'm going to try and bring it in tomorrow for the 620 mile maintenance. I'm at 651 and hope this isn't an issue. I don't ride it hard an

Update. When I dropped mine off at the dealership, the technician told me that he's seen the wires on the sending unit come off. I'll let you know what they find.
    How much did you pay for the 620 service? Is it possible to do some of the small stuff at home to lower cost of service? would that affect the warrenty? (nonexistant warrenty) lol

EBRforum Newb
    The service cost was $155. I told them not to worry about the fuel light as I don't use/trust the light anyway. The only reason I did the service at all was to insure that the warranty remained valid. With the uncertainty of EBR .............. Sad too, this is the best bike I've ever owned.

EBRforum Newb
    I bought the service manual to check into the low fuel light issue. I can't find the sending unit on any of the drawings. Does anyone know where the fuel low level sending unit is located?

EBRforum Expert
    If it's like previous Buells, it's on the fuel pump assembly, which bolts into the right side of the frame just forward of the swingarm.

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughlysses View Post
    If it's like previous Buells, it's on the fuel pump assembly, which bolts into the right side of the frame just forward of the swingarm.
    Crap! That's what I was afraid of, thanks for the information.

EBRforum Newb
    My low fuel light is now stuck on, too. Does anybody know if you can replace just the sensor? If so, does anybody know the part number/manufacturer. The EBR parts list only shows the entire fuel pump assembly. Thanks

EBRforum ProvNov
    Quote Originally Posted by roadking1 View Post
    My low fuel light is now stuck on, too. Does anybody know if you can replace just the sensor? If so, does anybody know the part number/manufacturer. The EBR parts list only shows the entire fuel pump assembly. Thanks
    The sensor is not the problem.
    The cause is is poor terminal crimps for the sensor on the pump assembly.

EBRforum Newb
    Do i have to pull the fuel pump to fix?